Chapter Thirty Nine

"Welcome home!!!"

Khushi stood on the side and watched as a giddy Avantika came rushing in, ready to tackle Anjali with a hug, when she suddenly remembered her sister's pregnancy halfway and slowed down, giving her an air hug instead.

"I'm pregnant, not contagious," Anjali frowned.

"Your bun isn't ready for my craziness yet," she shrugged, then dashed over to Khushi, squeezing her tightly as she squealed.

Khushi hugged her in return, knowing obviously very well as to why Avantika was so hyper. It was clear Arnav knew as well, given the scowl on his face, but Khushi was positive that wasn't the only reason behind his scowling.

After their morning love session, both had gotten ready for the day. But while Khushi was ready to go home, Arnav was not.

"Honestly Khushi, I don't know how I'm supposed to sleep at night without you now," he frowned.

Khushi couldn't help but to roll her eyes.

"I mean it!"

It had been a rather humorous sight to see Arnav huff and puff like a child for those few moments, but Khushi was wiser, and she had dragged them out of their suite. His annoyance was clear on the ride home, which was rather entertaining, so Khushi decided she would mess with him a little more. Taking his phone, Khushi unlocked it and typed on it, then waited for Arnav to stop at a red light before showing it to him.

How will you deal with your situation?

Arnav frowned at her. "It's not funny."

But Khushi grinned away anyways.

The light turned green and Arnav drove forward. "We get shoved away for two nights and now I'm going to have issues falling asleep at night - thanks a lot Di," he grumbled.

The memory made Khushi grin, and it wasn't missed by Avantika.

"Oh? What's with the grinning," Avantika asked, wiggling her brows.

Khushi shook her head but Avantika wasn't buying it.

"It's got something to do with Bhai doesn't it," she grinned.

"What, he can't keep it in his pants," Anjali asked as she stepped over to them.

Khushi gaped at her as her cheeks slightly heated. Meanwhile, Avantika gaped at her elder sister with humor.

"Oh my gosh, Di, I knew you were my sister all along," she exclaimed, and she hugged her.

Anjali simply shrugged. "Can we now get all of the juicy details about you and Virat? My insides have been bursting since yesterday! And you know that can't be good for my bun, so come on," and she dragged Khushi and Avantika with her, the girl still gaping away at her sister.

*~*

Anjali dramatically placed her hands over her heart. "Hai! I can't believe he kissed you like that! Oof," and she dramatically brought her hand over her forehead, as if she were going to faint.

"I know right," Avantika shrieked, and she did the same pose as her sister, the two of them sighing.

Khushi pursed her lips, trying to stop herself from snorting with humor, seeing how dramatic the two were. They were all sitting on Avantika's bed, Khushi sitting at the end while the two sisters sat opposite her, though they were mostly laying now as they acted to be so dramatic.

Suddenly, Anjali sat up, looking at her. "Wait, Khushi, I need to know about what happened between you and Chote."

Khushi's eyes widened. What-?