Chapter Twenty Two

"Awwwwwww!!!"

Arnav and Khushi instantly shot apart, the two staring wide eyed at Deviyani, Anjali, and Avantika.

"It's about freaking time," Avantika exclaimed.

"Look at how they're blushing," Anjali gushed.

In Arnav's defense, he wouldn't have been blushing if it were just his sisters and not his grandmother having caught them in their position.

"Oh I'm so happy," Deviyani smiled. "It truly is about time!"

Avantika came dashing over to them and sat in between them, breaking their hold. She wrapped her arms around the two and gave them a tight squeeze. "I'm so happy! I'm so happy! I'm so happy!!!"

"For the love of-! Not in my ear Chatterbox," Arnav exclaimed, Avantika instantly loosening her hold and scowling at him.

Anjali came over, chuckling. "Let them be Avantika. After all, they have just only claimed their love for each other."

Khushi looked down, blushing. Anjali went over to her and held her hand out to her, Khushi taking it and standing up.

"I'm going to assume Chote told you everything and that I knew of his feelings for you?"

Khushi continued to look down but nodded.

"Do you understand why I never told you anything from his side?"

Khushi shook her head.

"It wasn't my place to; how Chote felt for you or how you felt for him - after a good explanation from that lawyer husband of mine, I realized that, that was for you two to tell each other. And this misunderstanding you two had, could only be disputed between you two. Me being the messenger or an insider wouldn't have been the right thing. Do you understand now?"

Khushi looked up at her and nodded. Anjali smiled at her and kissed her forehead before turning to Arnav. "We'll leave you two alone now, take care of her and don't take too long," she winked.

Anjali, Avantika, and Deviyani left, giggling like little girls. Khushi still couldn't believe it that they knew, not to mention that any of this was happening. Arnav looked up at her and saw that Khushi was distracted, so naturally, he had to take advantage of the moment.

Arnav grabbed Khushi's hand and pulled her to him, quickly moving his hands to her waist and holding her in front of him. Khushi looked down at him in shock, Arnav grinning up at her.

"I missed that look on your face," he grinned.

Khushi rolled her eyes and arched her eyebrow at him.

"Looks like more than half of the family knows about us." Arnav rested his chin over her stomach. "What do we do now?"

But Khushi couldn't think clearly. She remembered the old days when she would do this to Arnav, gripping onto the sides of his T-shirt and asking him 100 questions, irritating the crap out of him! However while Arnav's T-shirt covered his flesh, her choli wasn't helping her and exposed most of her flesh, and the feeling of his beard against her not only tickled but gave a strange sensation she had never felt before.

Arnav noticed the expression on her face and at first was confused. But then he realized his actions.

And he had no regrets.

"Am I making you nervous?"

Khushi blinked down at him and looked into his eyes. She could see something form within them, but was confused. There was something dark forming, and Khushi gulped. Before she could think of anything else, Arnav playfully tried to nip at her bellybutton and Khushi instantly shut her eyes, pulling back slightly as a little squeal escaped her throat, surprising her. Even Arnav was surprised but he was mostly happy.