Chapter Three

After playing with Bruce, Arnav had gone straight back to his room, completely tired out. He thought he could have avoided the jet-lag, but there was no escaping from it. He was tired so he went straight to bed and knocked out. It was 8:30 and Arnav was still asleep. Amoli sent Anjali up to wake him while she set the table for dinner. Anjali found him sound asleep and she woke him up.

"Chote, wake up," she said with a slight push.

Arnav groaned. "Di," he whined.

"Come on Chote. It's almost time for dinner."

"I'm sleepy."

"Chote, come on!"

Arnav groaned and turned to look at his sister. "You're still annoying."
A
Avantika came running in. "Not as annoying as me!"

She charged right onto his bed and grabbed a pillow. She hit Arnav with it and while Arnav tried to stop her, Anjali laughed away.

"Cha- Chatterbox stop," Arnav yelled.

"Keep calling me that and I definitely won't" Avantika said, hitting him again.

"O- okay! Avantika stop!"

She did as he said and sat with the pillow on her lap.

"Crazy," Arnav muttered.

Avantika heard him and grinned.

"You two will never grow up," Anjali laughed.

"More like this one never will," Arnav huffed.

Anjali got up. "Bring him down to dinner. And try not to kill each other on the process."

Avantika saluted. "Yes ma'am."

Anjali chuckled as she left the room.

"Come on, you heard Di. Time to get up and go down for dinner," Avantika said.

"I'm getting up, calm it."

Avantika smiled as her brother got up and went to the bathroom. When he came back out, he was all freshened up.

"Oh yeah! When am I getting my present," Avantika asked.

Arnav frowned. "I knew you'd ask eventually."

Avantika simply blinked.

"Come here."

She beamed and got up. Arnav went to his luggage and opened it up. He went through it and then pulled out a packet. He handed it over to Avantika and watched as she opened it up.

"Wow," Avantika said as she picked up the pink choli. "It's beautiful," she said, completely mesmerized.

"It's the only one in the world. I had one of our designers create it. It's special just like you."

"Aww!" Avantika reached out and hugged her brother tightly. "Thank you so much!!"

Arnav smiled. "Like it?"

"I abso-fucking-tively love it!"

Arnav grinned.

"What did you get for everyone else?"

Arnav showed the wrapped up presents to his sister.

"...and that's for Jeejaji. This is for Di; only one ever designed, just for her."

Avantika nodded in acknowledgement. "Everyone's gonna love their present!"

Arnav smiled.

Avantika smiled as well until she noticed a packet with a red choli in it. "What's that?"