CLOSURE

AUTHORS POV:

Timothee gently shut the door. He slowly leaned against the door of his room and slid down along the cold piece of wood. He looked up at the ceiling and tried to cover the sound of his crying. He shut his eyes hard and rested his head against the door. He breathed in.. the dim lamp reflected off the tears streaming down his soft cheeks. It was silent in the room.. he sat there for minutes. His pain was evident... it was physical too. He didn't have to suffer alone, but he needed to be strong. He had to put himself together before Emma arrived. 

He put a shaky hand onto the ground next to him and slowly lifted himself up. He cautiously walked to the bathroom and flipped on the light. He set his hands on the cold stone and stared into the mirror at an unrecognizable pair of red, swollen eyes. His thoughts raced with questions.

What did I do? I'm so oblivious. She obviously hates me and wanted to mess around with me for fun. I'm so stupid. It's my fault. She's so impressive and glamorous.. she didn't do anything wrong...

His hand found the faucet handle. He slowly turned it on and cupped his hands. The cold water splashed against his face.. he could barely feel it though. He dried off his face. He looked almost back to normal, besides his frown. He tried not to cry again as he sat down on his bed and picked up his phone to multiple texts about Emma. Emma. She was the definition of perfect. 

She was nice, pretty, and loved by everyone. How did I even manage to be her boyfriend? I obviously didn't deserve her..

Timothee cleared them and sighed. He stared at the floor for a few minutes trying to collect himself before Emma arrived. 

Silence. Then the sound of a key card tapping against the scanner. It clicked. The handle turned and the door opened. It felt like it was going in slow motion, but Timothee's heart was racing, beating faster and faster. "Timothee?" 

He turned his head up and faced Emma, his eyes glistening with tears, "What were you doing out at a club?" She acted surprised like she wasn't there. "What do you mean, babe?" Timothee stood up. "Don't act stupid, Emma. You were there with another guy. I have a picture and everything, and it's spread all around the internet now." Timothee stayed calm but firm. 

"Timothee, relax. It was just a kiss, it's not even a big deal." Emma rolled her eyes, she was obviously annoyed. "No. It's not." 

He stuttered, "I love you Emma, and I thought you loved me too, but then you cheat on me? And it's not even a big deal? You're wrong Emma. Cheating is wrong and it's an even bigger deal because now 3 million people know about it and tomorrow is the Met Gala. It makes us both look awful." Emma stood up and crossed her arms. "Maybe I wouldn't have cheated on you if you weren't such a clingy boyfriend! Going through my phone all the time. You're a creep. Why would anyone want to date you?" "I never have ever gone through your phone. Don't lie about things that I've never done. I trusted you, but now look what you've done." Timothee was silent for a second. 

Flashbacks.. Emma taking her phone away from him fast whenever he handed it to her.. saying that she's cheated before and that it's not a big deal... all these red flags...He should have been able to fit the pieces together. His voice got quiet. 

"How long has this going on for?" She looked away. "A month, maybe." Timothee sighed and wiped his cheek. "Tomorrow is a big deal, lets just act like nothing bad happened but we can still keep our distance and just hope that it dies out fast." Emma nodded and headed back to her room. The door shut. Tears began to stream down Timothee's face, but he was quiet. He walked to the bathroom and began to run the shower water. After he was done getting ready for bed he laid down and stared at the ceiling.

Maybe she isn't perfect. Maybe she doesn't love me.. his thoughts raced.. It's not my fault she cheated on me..

Timmy was feeling a little better now that he realized it wasn't his fault Emma cheated on him.. but it still hurt every time he thought about her. He was worried about tomorrow... He didn't have to be there until about 5:00 that night, so at least he could sleep in... his eyes shut, and he drifted off to sleep.