Chapter 8

Trixi

I love waking up to a nice cozy bed, no more squeaky hinges or a shouting Tom yelling at me to do stuff before I'm even awake.

"Time to get ready for the elevator I guess, I better get up." I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and put my hair into a quick braid. As I walked down the stairs to go get some breakfast, and hear Ollie screaming at the top of his lungs. Why am I not surprised? I thought to myself, turning the corner into the kitchen.

"Trixi! Please tell me you can hear me?!" Ollie screamed, coming up to me and shaking me by the shoulders.

"Yes, I can hear you! Why are you freaking out?" I asked as I went over to their cabinet to get some cereal.

"Mason won't listen to me!" He barely managed to get out in between sobs. "I even tried Luka, he won't listen either! WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!"

"Calm down Ollie! Did you do something to them?" I said as I sat him down on a barstool.

"No! I just woke up, and it was almost like Mason couldn't see me." His face went pale, "Oh no! Trixi, did we die?!" he said with a whisper, almost like the word was forbidden.

"Uhm, I don't think so? Let me try talking to him..." I walked over to Mason, who was talking to Luka, and tapped him on the shoulder. No response. "Mason? You're scaring Ollie, why are you ignoring him." Still no response. I looked back at Ollie, obviously confused.

"Try Luka, I don't know what's going on." Ollie said, and I nodded. I tried tapping Luka on the shoulder... No response.

"Hello?" I waved my hand in front of Luka's face. "What the heck?!" I tried waving my hand again. No response, still. Ollie walked over and tried shaking Mason.

"Mason!!! Hello??" He was still screaming, I don't know how I still have functioning ear drums. "Why won't you answer me?!?!"

"You know what?" I turned around and walked into the bathroom, across from Luka. I got a running start, and tackled Luka. He let out a shriek, and we fell onto the floor. Dang, Luka is weak! I had pinned him, easy.

"Mason! Help! I'm getting attacked by a ghost!" he cried out. I sat there, on top of him with my jaw dropped.

"Are you serious right now?!" I screamed into his face. I was shocked, and a little hurt. "I... ugh!" I stood up, still on Luka. "I think we died Ollie..."

"I don't think we died though... how would we have died?!" Ollie walked over to me as I walked off of Luka's back.

"I don't know..." I gasped, and ran into the kitchen. "Here!" I said, handing Ollie two kitchen spoons.

"Wha-" I didn't give him time to finish.

"Human drums!" His face lit up, and I could tell he didn't have human drums in mind. Luka had already sat up and Ollie stood behind Mason.

"Ready... set... go!" I said as I started tapping the spoons on the top of Luka's head. Ollie tapped Mason's head about three times before things went wrong.

"This is what you get for forgetting me Mason!" Ollie said as he reeled back one of his wooden spoons. "Heyah!" Ollie screeched as he landed the rounded side of a spoon right on Mason's butt.

"Ollie!!" Mason screeched, "What was that for?!" We both went pale.

"Mason?" Ollie said, in the most innocent sounding voice possible. He was clutching his spoons close to his chest like a bride holding her bouquet.