Chapter 7

Mason

 We took my truck again, and picked up Luka.

"So where are we going to do this?" I asked Trixi and Ollie. Trixi leaned over so she filled the middle seat next to Luka.

"To a park or something, today is facing our fear of heights." Ollie crossed his arms.

"God, this is going to be scary." Ollie mumbled. "I thought this would be easier, but it's not!" I pulled into a parking spot of the National Airix Park, this was where me and Luka would fly Ollie and Trixi up. We got out of the car, and found a nice grassy spot. Ollie pulled Trixi over and whispered something into her ear, in a split second her face went red and she pushed Ollie playfully. I spawned my feathered wings, they are almost half the size of my body, and are a great shade of navy blue. When Luka spawned his pair, they seemed to be made of branches and vines, it almost looked like they shouldn't be able to fly.

"Holy Hera! How high do we have to go?" Trixi said as she jumped up and down and started shaking her hands, probably trying to get rid of some nerves.

"Oh a few hundred feet at least!" Luka said. Instantly Trixi and Ollie went pale, they were not ready for our next few activities. First, we were going to fly them up high and hold them up there, then we would do various activities whilst perched on buildings and bridges.

Trixi

Honestly, I wasn't too scared until Luka said we would be going up a few hundred feet. I knew it would be pretty regular for Mason to be holding Ollie, but Luka holding me. I had only known him for the past week, so I was a bit awkward.

"I'm not ready for this." I said as I looked up in the sky, it seemed so endless. The only things blocking the endlessness were the could-islands that held different parts of the Airix district.

"Welp, I guess it doesn't matter if you're ready!" Mason chimed in, which I gave him the stink eye for. Mason scooped up Ollie and started getting ready to fly up. Luka itched the back of his neck, and took a step closer.

"Can I- um." I felt my face burning, did it look obvious?-no-wait..oh im so bad at this.. I nodded slowly. His hands snaked around my back and legs, scooping me up. It MUST have been obvious now, was I sweating? I put on deodorant.. Right?

"Oh lordy lord lord!" I hear Ollie mutter as Mason starts flying up. I was not ready for this! Luka started following Mason up higher...and higher. Ollace's grip around Mason's neck tightened. I could hear Ollie's hyperventilating again, like with the ducks, and it did not sound pretty.

"Just breathe, breathe." Mason cooed.

"Oh gods..." I whispered as I dared to look down... which I immediately regretted. Once I saw how far up we were I buried my face into Luka's chest and tightened my grip around his neck. I was probably choking him a bit. We were so high up, it was hard to see the ground.

"Oh please, oh please, oh please are we done yet!" Ollie cried.

"Just look down." Mason said.

"Wha- I can't just LOOK DOWN!!" Ollie brought his face down onto Mason's chest and closed his eyes. "Oh yeah, I could get used to this though." I felt one of Luka's fingers tighten to get my attention.

"You should lift your head up, it's really pretty up here." He comforted me.

"Uhm, I don't wanna do that, I'm good here." I remained with my face buried by his neck.