EIGHTEEN ◆ Next Generation

CHAPTER 18 ◆ NEXT GENERATION

◆ ◇ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

◇ ◆ ◇

LUCY WAS AMBUSHED BY AN ECSTATIC JUNO THE MOMENT SHE ENTERED THE GUILD HALL'S CONSTRUCTION AREA. Juno nearly squeezed the life out of Lucy in a big hug. Truth be told, the glitter mage had been worried after finding the note about Lucy's returning home.

"You're back! Yay!" The female Dreyar cheered while Erza and the others looked on in amusement. Mira Jane quickly made her way over to help pry Juno away and explain.

"She came back from Porlyusica's not too long ago, but I think Porlyusica might knocked a few things loose with her broom."

"I'm fine!" Juno protested as she moved to drape an arm around Erza, resting her chin on the redhead's shoulder. "I was worried that Lucy meant to go back and stay there instead of being here where she belongs."

"Juno, you should probably rest for a little bit," Erza advised as she noticed the dazed look in Juno's eyes. "At least sit down, come on." She said, guiding the blonde over to a table, Gray not too far behind.

"If it makes you feel better, I'll rest, but I'm telling you, I'm fine." Juno huffed, crossing her arms childishly as she sat at one of the bench tables. Erza raised an eyebrow and Juno could practically feel the skepticism the redhead was projecting. "Erza, Gray, I'm fine. Not super, but not terrible, and if I try anything stupid, you'll have 'death by broom' engraved on my tombstone."

Gray and Erza shook their heads, chuckling in amusement before taking the seats at the table; Gray sat next to the blonde while Erza sat across from them and asked, "Porlyusica said you were okay?"

Juno nodded. "Yep! My magic is stable, my anger towards Aria and Phantom brought some of black glitter forwards for a bit, nothing I couldn't handle." Her expression softened and she looked at them both with pure sincerity in her eyes. "I know when I've reached my limit, you two need to stop worrying about me like this. It's not good for you."

"As long as we're family, we're not going to stop worrying about you, Juno." Erza stated simply. Gray nodded and said, "And don't you forget it."

Juno could only grin before Gray and Erza began telling her about their trip to bring Lucy back home and just how rich she really was. 

The next morning, Juno had made it her mission for the day to work on sorting through the mess of books that they'd pulled up from the archives during the construction. According to Mira Jane, the guild was taking on job requests again, which was a good thing as many people had been itching to get back to work.

The blonde found herself in the zone as she worked and only snapped out of when her hairs stood on end and she got a bad feeling. Juno glanced up just in time to see a barrel flung across the area and send Natsu to the floor.