35. Berlin, Germany

Start from the beginning

"Theo?" I question with surprise, knitting my eyebrows.

"Yeah," she nods, a feline smile arching her lips.

I shrug. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Adrien shaking his head. Dylan on the other side looks amused.

"Ask him to join us? If he isn't too busy," She suggests, her eyes shining.

I gape at her. What has gotten into her?

"I mean, we can travel together, and he's pretty cool," she adds.

"I am sure he has lots of work," I answer, sounding unsure.

She sighs, leaning into her chair, "Ellie," she smiles, "what I'm saying is, I like your brother and I need your help in bringing him here. I'll do the rest from there,"

And everything clicks into place, "Oh,"

"Hope you don't mind me dating him," she beams at me.

Didn't she see Theo's ring? Guess not.

Adrien guffaws, Dylan joins him a second later.

"He's engaged you smartass," Adrien utters between his laughter, making Dylan laugh harder.

Arianna straightens herself, "What?" she squints, shooting a glare at Adrien. Before turns to me for confirmation.

I nod, giggling at her. A smile forms on her face.

"Oh man, there goes my shot of not being single. Why all the perfect guys and girls are taken?" she complains playfully.

"I'm offended," Dylan shoots his palm up.

"Aw, you don't count," she tells in a sweet voice, earning a grin from him.

The waitress approaches our table to take our orders. Dylan and Adrien communicate with her in all the ridiculous ways when two people not speaking each other's language do. While I desperately struggle to hold back my giggles.

As the miscommunication between them grows, I interfere, recalling the German I learned when I was in middle school.

Relief washes through the poor waitress as I interrupt their struggles. And ask her if there are any recommended or famous foods. If not, then which food we'd have.

After she takes the orders and walks away, I'm faced with three pairs of wide eyes.

"You talk German?" Arianna asks with astonishment.

"That makes a whole lot more sense why you were laughing your ass off at us last night," Dylan speaks out his thoughts. And afterward questions, "why didn't you help though?"

"And miss having you two jumping around, playing pantomime," she expresses, leading to both of us bursting into giggles. Because it's hilarious watching them trying to ask questions when they don't understand a single word of the other person's language.

Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Adrien's gaze fixed on me, a warm smile on his face.

Her eyes spark up with curiosity, "How many languages can you speak?"

My fingers fidget as I answer, "Four,"

"Holy shit," Dylan breathes.

Arianna's eyebrows jump up, "English, French, German and?" she counts down.

"Spanish, but I can figure out Italian because of the similarities with the other two," I explain, chewing my bottom lip.

"Wow, wish I was like that too," she gushes.