awkward encounter

We just had a 17 year old girl, Katie Bryce come in after having seizures, so Baily (aka the nazi) put me on the case and had me get a neuro consult, i waked all over the hospital finding the new neuro attending "Dr Shepherd". I then walked into a room and saw a group of attendings talking about patients, my jaw dropped i saw the name tag "Dr Derek Shepherd" on the lab coat of lasts nights hookup. Horrified, i stared wandering what to do as he looked up and we made eye contact. I turned around and slammed the door behind me and started speed-walking into an on-call room. I heard someone open the door and turned around to see him standing, looking at me.

"It's Meredith right?" he asked in a suprised but sarcastic tone. I replied "uhhh yeah um yes, Dr Grey". "Look i need a neuro consult on a 17 year old female having seizures." He looked at me confused and replied "So are we just going to pretend it never happened or what?" "we should" "why, i had fun last night didn't you?" "Dr Sheph-" "Dr Shepherd? Last night it was Derek" "Dr Shepherd, your my boss, actually my bosses boss, we should forget about it and just be colleges." "Fine if that's what you want Dr Grey, so where's this patient having seizures then?" He asked looking slightly hurt. "Room 202"

After he examined her he asked me to take her up for an MRI, to find out what was causing the seizures. After hours of tests, there was nothing that we saw that could have caused the seizures, it was frustrating and annoying.

Dr Shepherd gathered all the interns and asked them to help find out what was causing Katie's seizures and said whoever found the problem, would get to scrub in on the surgery. The other intern Cristina and i sat in the library reading books, researching what could be causing her seizures. Cristina asked "does katie do any sports?" I told her that she does beauty pageants and that her talent was rhythmic gymnastics. I knew she was onto something, after a long discussion we went to find Dr Shepherd and tell him about what we thought was happening, he shut it down and said that it was 1 in a million and very unlikely. Shortly after he came up to us and told us to find out if Katie was 1 in a million. He looked at us and smiled and said, "you were right, well done, Dr Grey you will scrub in sorry wish i could have you both". I felt bad for not saying Cristina could have the surgery, as she was the one who found the whole rhythmic gymnastics fall related aneurysm, causing the seizures, but this was a once in a lifetime operation so i couldn't just give it up.

I walked into the scrub room to find Dr Shepherd scrubbing in and prepping for Katie's surgery. He looked at me and smiled, i felt butterflies in my stomach and smiled back. He kept looking at me in the OR and even with a mask on, i could tell he was smiling. Apparently everyone in the hospital calls him Mcdreamy, and i'm honestly not suprised, his hair, his eyes, it just makes sense.

When the surgery was over i went to lie down in an on-call room as i was exhausted. I then heard the door open behind me only to find Derek Shepherd standing behind me.

i'm going to start making it more of a romance now but i just needed some sort of into :)