Chapter Forty Six

A/N: We're moving into infinity war now. I know it's technically two years between the movies but I wanted to do less. So enjoy my interpretation at the movie that wrecked me.

Catherine felt her eyes open slowly as the sun shined inside the hut, waking her up. The first thing she noticed was that the bed was empty. The second thing she noticed were voices outside. She sat up confused. She could see the curtain rustling and she pulled the sheet up to cover her bare skin. Bucky walked in alone. He looked up at her with sad eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked knowing something was wrong.

"I-I'm not sure. T' Challa just came to me. Something happened to Tony. There was an attack in New York. Some weird aliens and Tony got caught up in it. They're not 100% sure where he is, but they think he's in space." Bucky explained.

Catherine felt tears forming in her eyes. "Space? Can't we go get him? There has to be a way."

"Cat, there's more. There's this guy, Thanos. He's looking for something called Infinity Stones. Vision has the last one. Steve, Natasha, Sam, and everyone else is coming to Wakanda to see if Shuri can help destroy the stone." He added. "They need our help."

Catherine ran a hand through her hair. They hadn't even been married for a day and they were already back to saving the world. She wanted to be able to help them though and save her brother. Bucky walked over, sat next to her, and wrapped his arm around her.

"We're never going to have normal lives?" She asked quietly.

"Probably not." Bucky said attempting to joke. "We'll get Tony back and everything will be okay."

"I hope you're right."

Catherine and Bucky walked towards the landing pad just outside Wakanda's main building. The two watched as a quinjet landed. Steve and Natasha were the first to emerge and Catherine couldn't help but smile. Then Bruce, who she hadn't seen in a long time and Rhodey, Vision and Wanda. Catherine and Bucky looked at each other before walking towards the group as T' Challa was talking to Steve.

"And a semi stable, 100 year old man." Bucky said with a grin.

The two hugged and Steve also hugged her. "I hear congratulations are in order. I'm sure this isn't the honeymoon you two imagined."

Catherine shrugged her shoulders. "We're the Avengers. It's what we do."

"Well, I would love to sit here and chat, but we have a world to save. I want you two and Sam to stay out here and keep watch while we get the stone out." Steve explained and one of the Kingsguard handing Catherine a gun.

Sam walked over with the same familiar grin. "Well well well, if it isn't the two lovebirds. It's been a while. You two look good."

"It has." Bucky said as the others headed inside.

The group looked up just as something hit the dome protecting Wakanda, but luckily it was destroyed.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam said into his com.

"God, I love this place." Bucky said.

"I thought you wanted to get out of here." Catherine teased.

"Oh, I do, but where else has tech like this." Bucky pointed out.

The three of them watched as more ships entered the atmosphere attempted to break inside. Catherine was starting to grow nervous. She didn't know how much the dome could take.

"This isn't good." Catherine pointed out. "They need to get that Stone out now."

Steve, Natasha, Bruce, T' Challa and Rhodey came out, heading in their direction. Steve had a shield in his hand and Bruce was in a hulk buster suit.