Chapter Eighty Five

A/N: I'm so grateful for the popularity of this book suddenly. However, with popularity comes negativity at times. I'm going to be honest, I'm VERY hard on myself as well as a perfectionist. I published the first chapter of this book in August and I've been working on it ever since then. I'm very open to constructive criticism as well but I have to draw a line. People are starting arguments (which I've deleted). People think my story is moving too fast and comment that it's too fast on Every. Single. Chapter. If it's moving too fast, I'm so so sorry. I have to cover like 10 years worth of movies. Also, I'm seeing people only reading because I wrote smut. I wrote smut or sex scenes or whatever you want to call it to show the love between two people. Not gain attention on my story. The plot and backstory is a lot more important than the smut. I'm so proud of this story and what it's become. I'm so happy I have so many amazing people reading it and supporting. I've just come to a point where I'm scared to post in fear of pissing someone off. Im terrified to post the next chapter after this one because I know what the comments are going to say and it won't be good. Anyways. Thanks for listening to my rant. And enjoy the chapter ❤️

Catherine fell to the ground, her hand gripping her side. She didn't know how many wounds she had. All she knew was that it hurt like a bitch. Her whole body shook as the blood poured out.

"Catherine!" She heard John yell.

He knelt down next to her, assessing her injuries. He lifted her shirt up seeing three large knife cuts around her side. Her face was pale, eyes filled with tears. She wasn't in good shape at all.

"Bucky!" He called out. "I need you up here."

"Oh my god." Bucky said as he saw Catherine lying on the ground. He slid down next to her body and shook his head. John ripped a piece of fabric off his uniform and stuffed it into the wounds. Catherine let out a blood curling scream and her body arched against John's hand.

"What are you doing? You're hurting her!" Bucky yelled.

"I'm trying to save her life. I've done this before." John told him.

Bucky put pressure on her abdomen, trying to keep himself together.

"I-It...hurts..." Catherine managed.

"I know doll. I know. We're getting help, okay? You just have to hold on for me. Okay?" Bucky said. He couldn't hold the tears back even if he tried. He promised he would never let anyone hurt her and here she was bleeding out. Why couldn't have it been him they hurt?

The blood began to pool around her as her body began to shake. She felt dizzy, nauseous and was fighting to remain conscience. "I-I love you...James...It's going to be okay."

Bucky shook his head as her eyes fluttered shut. He reached his hand to shake her. "No! Catherine! Wake up. Please...I need you."

He could hear an ambulance approaching in the distance and he hoped that they would be able to save her. The EMTs rushed around her body and instantly started IVs and monitors. Bucky held onto her hand tightly, afraid to let go.

"Please save her." He pleaded.

"We're going to try. She's breathing and has a pulse." The EMT told her.

Bucky sat in the waiting room, head hung low, Catherine's blood all over him. He had never felt so numb before. His face had been stained with tears. He had cried so much that he had nothing left in him. He kept going over the scenario in his hand. His wife lying in her own blood fighting to live. He wanted to punch something. Why her? Why did Catherine have to get hurt?

"Bucky." Sam called out as he walked into the waiting room. "What the hell happened?"

"She got stabbed." Bucky's voice was broken. "They stabbed her when she let her guard down. Those...bastards."