Chapter Seventy Five

Catherine sat in the back of Zemo's private jet, away from the other three. She was still incredibly angry at Bucky. She couldn't even look at him. Much less be in the same area as him. She didn't know what to think currently. She didn't want to think about it. She didn't react when Bucky jumped and wrapped his hand around Zemo's throat for reading his list of amends. She didn't react when they brought Steve up or when he brought up Sokovia or Bucky fighting in World War II.

"Hey Catherine!" She heard Sam, breaking her out of her thoughts. "You ever been to Madripoor?"

She cleared her throat, but didn't move from her spot. "I have. I was there on an assignment for SHIELD. Lots of weapons and drugs get taken in and out of there. We would go there for intel in exchange for money."

"You two," Zemo pointed at Sam and Bucky. "Will be easy to disguise, but James, you will have to become someone you claim is gone."

Catherine watched as James face hardened. He tried his best not to react, but she knew that the Winter Solider was a touchy subject for him. It made her nervous, the thought of using the Winter Solider, but they had to trust Zemo.

"Catherine, you will be harder to disguise. Your face is very recognizable given your namesake and your affiliations with the Avengers." Zemo pointed out. "Tell me, how did they disguise you in Hydra?"

"They didn't. Everyone thought I was dead." She pointed out.

"She would wear her hair in a bun." Bucky's voice was quiet. "She didn't like to have it down. She was scared that the enemy could grab it and use it to their advantage. She would wear tennis shoes too. Easier to run in than heels."

He caught her gaze as he spoke. She knew what he was trying to do. He was trying to show her that he knew every detail about her. That he truly cared about her. And it almost worked. Almost.

"Right. Well, you don't wear much make up so maybe we'll just go heavy on the make up and that'll be convincing. Hopefully." Zemo said.

Sam stood up and walked over to her. "You know you're going to have to talk to him eventually."

"You don't understand Sam." She said as he sat down across from her.

"You're right. I don't. You two can't not talk to each other. We need to be able to communicate for this to be successful."

She sighed, wanting to throw something. "Just, give me a few minutes okay?" She still hadn't fully processed the information she had found out. At the same time, she was trying to focus on the mission. She wanted William. She wanted to see his bright smile that would just light up her world.

Bucky watched her from the other side of the plane. She was disengaged, staring down at her lap. Her fingers messed with her wedding ring and a lump formed in his throat. He hoped she wasn't regretting marrying him. He loved her, more than she would ever know, but he knew he had hurt her badly. And it killed him. It ate him up inside. She needed space and he would give it to her.

"I look like a stripper." Catherine complained as they walked out of the store.

"Well, you're going to be Sam's escort." Zemo stated. "So you look perfect for the part."

She stopped walking in the thigh high boots Zemo had chosen. "An escort? With my skill set, you want me to be an escort?"

"Yes. You're too recognizable otherwise." He told her.

Bucky couldn't take his eyes off his wife. She may have been an 'escort' but she looked damn good in the tight leather skirt she had to keep pulling down to cover her ass. The black, long sleeve crop top wasn't helping either. Her hair has been pulled back into a bun, exposing her neck that he wished his mouth and hands were touching.