Court

Matthew Mcconaughey as Harry and Mel's lawyer
Michael Malarkey as Zayn lawyer

***Melanie's P.O.V***

It would be safe to say that I had barely slept in the past three days, and neither had Harry. Even Darcy seemed to notice something was up with her parents, always trying to crawl onto our laps and cuddle like she could simply sense the tension around everybody. The boys had practically been living over at ours, but Harry had hardly let my leave the room, ordering rest. Literally, he wouldn't let me walk anywhere because of my ankle, but Darcy seemed to like the idea of never ending cuddles. Harry had been particularly clucky with Darc, something telling me was him worrying these past three days was all the time he had left with her.

I was currently sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at the outfit Harry had seat our for the court case, given he didn't want me walking around for hours trying to make up my mind, when he just wanted to to be in bed recovering, which I slowly was. I was still covered in scratches and bruises, and the stitches were very evident, still red from the inflamation. I slowly wriggled into my simple black dress,  the sleeves coming down to my elbows. I huffed as I looked down at myself, scars and all.

"You look beautiful." I jumped slightly as I felt the bed dip as Harry sat on the bed behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist.
"I look battered and bruised." I sighed. I gestured to my scars and Harry pressed a soft kiss to my shoulder.
"I know it's hard," he whispered, "but the scars will-"
"Help the case, I know." I finished for him. "It's not him I am worried about, Harry. It's you." my voice trailer off into a hoarse whisper.
"You might not have to." he stated, but his voice proved he didn't believe his own words. "We've been over our case, and it seems solid, Mel." he encouraged. "We blame the deaths of Ashton and, Kendall," his voice softening as he brought up my best friend. "We blame them on Zayn. Say he did it to earn good points with me so he could get close to you. We say Calum and Michael are blaming me because I never got along with them, and when Ashton was killed, which we had no idea about, they blamed me. We'll even make it seem more believable by saying we don't blame them for acussing me, because it was true he had past feuds, but that I am innocent.
"We explain Zayn always had been interested in you, and when we got married it was the last straw for him, and he decided to get what he wanted, you. We'll show the letter threats he sent, and we'll admit I kept you locked up to keep you safe, and you ran off because I couldn't explain why I was doing it,  for your safety. Then the rest all comes down to what he did in that room."

"What if I can't do it?" I croaked, tears leaking from my eyes. "What if I get up on the stand to re-live what he did, and I look at him and break down?" I whimpered hopelessly. Harry gently yet swiftly spun me around and embraced me, burrying my head into his chest. 
"Then you look at me, and only me darling." he whispered, stroking my head. "You don't give that monster a second of a glance, you keep your eyes on me, okay baby?" he soothed. I weakly nodded when his fingers hooked under my chin and tilted my head upwards.
"We will win this case." he assured me. "Zayn will get locked up, and I will come home to my beautiful wife, and beautiful daughter."

~*~*~*~*~

"All rise." A police officer called from the front of the room, the whole room standing to their feet. Harry, our lawyer, and myself were at one desk, Harry and I holding hands, Zayn and his lawyer on the other side. Alex sat with Darcy on his lap, along with Charlie, Liam, Niall, and Louis were in the crowd behind us, in the front row. Harry gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and the judge entered and read over the details of the case to the court.

"Let the court begin." she banged her mallet. Instantly, Zayn's lawyer got up and walked to the front of the court, his eyes locking with mine.

"I call Mr Harry Styles to the stand." he stated, but his eyes never leaving mine. Our lawyer leaned over and whispered to me
"He's trying to intimidate you." he explained. "Remain composed." I listened, straightening my back, and on a rush of nerves, flashed him a smile, wiping the lawyers arrogant smirk right off, making mine grow. Harry got up, and walked to the stand, his eyes meeting mine and flashing a warm smile, which I returned.