Capitulo 18

Mulai dari awal

"Give her to me." I was surprised to hear Beckham's voice and glanced up through my eyelids to find his arms outstretched reaching for Jayce.

Usually he wants nothing to do with her. Not as if he actively avoids her or refuses to interacts with her. It's just that he never offers to help out with her. Which is fine, I don't expect him to. She's no kin to him.

"You're tired, she's tired. Just give her to me. Clearly both of you could use a break." Before I could even respond Jay made the decision for me, all but swan-diving into Beckham's awaiting arms. He rubbed her back try sooth her cries before climbing inside of the awaiting limo. 

I climbed in after him, Brandt and Ayah already inside and ready to go. "Awee! What's wrong with my bug?" Brandt's eyes immediately flooded with concern at the sight of Jayce-Lynn's tear streaked face.

"Nothing." I fought the urge to roll my eyes. I know Jayce is young but she knows better. She's an extremely smart and well mannered child, so it can be frustrating for me when she chooses to have a moment. Since she's four with the bandwidth of a six year old.

Or maybe it's frustrating for me because my maternal instincts aren't fully developed. Who knows honestly.

Beckham squeezes my thigh, "Don't mind her she's also cranky. Much like Jayce. I don't think either of them slept enough." Now I did roll my eyes, he gets on my fucking nerves.

"I'm not cranky and I'm not tired."

"Well I suggest you rest up anyways because you start interview prep as soon as we get back to Seattle."

As much as it pains to me admit it, there might have been some truth to what Beckham said. I honestly can't tell you when exactly I fell asleep, whether it was on the plane or on the way to the airport.... Just that the next thing I knew, I was waking up back in Beckham's penthouse with him standing over me like the creepy stalker he is.

"So much for not being tired huh?" Beckham pushed a strand of hair out of my face causing me to instinctively slap his hand away.

We're still not that close yet. Letting out a long yawn, I lazily stretched my back out. "Where's Jayce?"

"Ms. April picked her up awhile ago because her grandkids were over again." I nodded my head before collapsing back into Beckham's extremely soft mattress. "No, Len you gotta get up. Everyone is here we gotta start interview prep."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. I'm honestly not in the mood to be doing this. Things with Beckham are obviously still a little... Tense to say the least. On the other hand, it's not as though I have a choice in the matter.

"Fineeee. Leave I need to get changed." I mumbled into the pillows, shooing Beckham away.

"Yeah, no. Just get dressed. It's nothing I haven't seen before anyways."

Flipping him off, I rolled out of the bed lazily trudging over to the gigantic walk-in closet. Since Beckham had unwillingly forced me to stay at his apartment these past few weeks, I had accumulated a pile of my belongings within a corner of his closet. A closet that is as big as my bedroom to be specific— my master bedroom.  I don't really feel like getting dressed so I changed into a simple loungewear set. This will have to do because this is what they're getting. Plus, it's not like this is the actually interview. It's just prep.

I emerged from the closet to see Beckham standing there staring at me. Per usual. "Were you watching me change?!" My eyes darted between him and the entrance of the closet, there is no door. It's an entry way. 

"Again; nothing I haven't seen before." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"How about we get this over with, yeah?" If i murder him with this many people present there's no way the authorities wouldn't trace it back to me. I just value my freedom too much to jeopardize it like that.