Capitulo 5

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

"So that's why my life is over" I explained to Gia as we sat on the couch eating lemon pepper wings from Wingstop.

"Damn, what about a loan?" She asked causing me to shake my head.

"I don't believe in acquiring debt"

"That's kind of strange, but it's also smart as fuck so I'm not mad about it," She shrugged her shoulders, "Why can't you just ask your boss for extra hours at the club?"

Gia thinks I'm a bottle girl. I mean I understand why, it's because that's exactly what I told her. We went to the club one night and Omar obviously knew me, and she wanted to know why. So I told her that I work there- which is technically only half a lie. I just couldn't bring myself to tell her the truth. We had only just met, and that's not the kind of thing you tell a stranger. Or that you tell anyone. Telling people is how you get sent to jail, the more people who know the more at risk you become.

"I don't have time to pick-up more shifts. I have Jay. She's my responsibility, and she's not going to become some latchkey baby. But you don't need to worry about it. I'll figure something out G" I said, letting her know I wanted to end the conversation.

"Where is Jayce anyway?" She asked for some reason only know realizing the hyperactive toddler wasn't anywhere to be found.

"Sleepover. It's her best friend's birthday" I responded grabbing the TV remote to change the channel. I'm in the mood to watch Bad Girls Club, we love mindless entertainment.

"Aww! That's so cute, honestly you're such a good mom" Gia cooed causing me to choke on my chicken wing.

"Mom?" I raised my eyebrow incredibly confused by her statement. She knows damn well I'm not Jayce-Lynn's mom. Hell, Jayce knows that I'm not her mom, that's why she calls me 'Mimi'.

"Lennox, whether you want to admit or not you're that child's mother. You do what mother's do."

"Gia just stop," I sighed. "I love you but I'm not trying to get into this. I just want to eat chicken wings and buffalo fries and watch BGC"

I hate talking about my life. It's nothing against Gia, it's just not something I feel is necessary. I'll talk to you about the sun, the moon, the stars, politics, religion, books, movies, anything you want. I just will not talk about myself. It's not because I have trust issues if anything it's become I'm emotionally deficit. My brain genuinely cannot process the purpose of sharing facts of my life with others. Its how you get to know someone, I get it. I understand it in theory but not in practice. I'm fine with knowing people, I'd just prefer it if they didn't know me. Surface level conversations only.