Capitulo 67

Lennox POV

Lennox POV

I stared at Beckham with a blank expression, holding our sleeping baby in my arms. "Talk." I stated simply, waiting for him to explain exactly what transpired earlier.

For Jayce's sake, we finished out the rest of the party as if nothing had happened. Now everyone has left, including Jayce-Lynn who begged to have another sleepover with her cousins. Of course I let her, today was all about her. Plus it's always easier to have these conversations when there are no nosy little people around attempting to listen in. Brandt is bad enough.

Beckham sighed softly running a hand down his face, "I'm sorry that you heard that. My father completely overreacted."

"Hey.." I frowned shaking my head, "I'm not mad at you, Bubs. You didn't do anything wrong. I just want to understand what happened, that's all."

"Our family account informed my father of the trust I created, for Jayce... He wasn't pleased with the amount I had designated for her, and he blamed you. He thinks you were involved and it was some sort of scheme to steal from me. Which is preposterous."

I struggled to slow my mind down, but so many different thoughts were racing around. One stood out more than the others. If Niall was this angry about a trust for Jayce, I can't imagine how he would react if he knew about...  I swallowed the lump in my throat and tried my best to push the thought out of my head. Beckham said that would never happen. No one will ever find out.

"Len?" Beckham's voice drew me out of my thoughts. 

"Tell Niall I'll relinquish my access to the trust. Whatever money there is, is for Jayce-Lynn and I would never take that away from her-"

"-Princess I know that, I know how hard you've worked to give her a good life."

"This is for Niall's peace of mind. I don't want you fighting with your father because of me, so whatever documents I need to sign. I will." I shrugged my shoulders.

This whole situation has been blow completely out of proportion. Granted, I probably should've seen something like this coming after how Niall behaved with me at the Lodge during the holidays. Now here he is pitching a fit like an angry toddler who didn't get their way.

"What happened at the Lodge?!" Beckham boomed waking Knox out of his slumber.

Shit shit shit! I said that out loud?!

"Look what you did!" I hissed, rocking our crying child back and forth in a desperate attempt to soothe him. It was not working unfortunately.