Rejection

Dear miss Han

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to consider your manuscript. We read it with interest, but I regret we will not be making an offer of publication. Your novel's premise is interesting, but ultimately we didn't find the authorial voice sufficiently memorable or arresting.

Thank you for thinking of us, and we wish you every success in finding a publisher for your work.

Regards

Soar publishers

This was the 6th letter of the type this month. Adding 4 more from last month would make it 10 in total. Not one letter of the opposite type though- not one acceptance letter. Mira let out a scoff. "Not sufficiently memorable"- she had received the following review about her book about 10 times now. 

 She apparently needed a major improvement in her writing style. Mira knew that. She just did not know how to approach it. Every time she had received a rejection letter she had tried to edit her book, to make it better, but all in vain. Was it really so difficult to write a romance and reaching out to your dreams novel?

Han Mira had always found solace in literature. Creating stories and characters that readers can interpret and can relate to in many ways has given her a certain satisfaction that she feels nothing and no one else can provide. She wanted to influence, to create an impact and bring some colour to this dull monochromatic world.

"Mira, what does it say?" her roommate asked eyes wide in curiosity and excitement, awaiting her response. "I got rejected again" Mira answered her face and voice devoid of emotion. She would've reacted normally- ugly crying her eyes out 6 rejections ago.

 But now she was used to it. She explained to her best friend the reason her manuscript was not turned into a book. There was a hint of disappointment and anger in Hana's eyes upon hearing this but they immediately shifted to their happy cheerful state the next moment. 

"Ugh! Come one Mira don't sob on that bed, get your ass out of it we're going out. They're plenty more opportunities to come. We're gonna celebrate an opening of a new opportunity." New opportunity. It didn't seem like there were many 'opportunities' coming her way.

 It was always the same routine- she got rejected, Hana took her to a bar, she drank her rejection out, got a hangover the next day because of which she would be late for work. 

Right, her job- probably the most boring job in the world. Mira worked a day job of telemarketer and by night she was an aspiring author. Boom! Just like that.

"Mira we're here" Hana shook her best friend awake from her thoughts. Mira was so lost in her mind that she didn't even notice Hana had taken a different route this time. 

Instead of the old cheap bar that Hana usually took her to, Mira was standing in front of a grand building. One of the most expensive bars in this part of Seoul.

 "Hana you didn't have to do this you know. Everything here is probably worth more than my life." Mira exaggerated. Hana let out a light chuckle. "Honey I wanted to. Also I got my salary today so why not."

Mira did not want to be a burden on Hana but if she's willing to pay for her tonight, nothing wrong with the occasional free drinks right? They both headed in laughing and talking about Hana's new intern who was completely whipped for her. 

There were not many people inside. Only a huge group of seven males with black coats and black masks and black hats.

 They would have been scary had it not been for one of their weird laughter. It sounded like someone wiping a glass window. It almost made her laugh out loud as well.

For some reason, their voices sounded familiar, but Mira couldn't place her finger on it. Hana and she took a seat in the far corner away from the group of boys, so they don't disturb them.

They spent the night drinking and giggling completely ignorant of the 7 boys and them completely ignorant of the girls until they were leaving. Hana left to go to the washroom and Mira, being piss drunk was still giggling at a joke Hana made five minutes ago. 

She was twirling in her place when she bumped into something hard. She looked up still giggling as she continuously jabbed her finger into the hard thing. 

"Yah! What are you doing?" A high-pitched male voice yelled. As Mira looked into the male's eyes, the sense of familiarity grew stronger. His face was covered by a mask and he wore a black cap. Though she couldn't see his face completely, she could say with absolute certainty that he was handsome. "Hyung! Come we need to go!". 

The male turned on his heel in the direction of the voice and Mira continued laughing as Hana took her home. The whole way she kept thinking of those eyes. Till the time she hit her head on the bed after which she fell into deep slumber 

.............................................................................................................

A/N this is my first fanfiction. Please don't judge me..hope you  like it!!!! The face claim of Han Mira is IU.

thanks!!!