Chapter 11

"You're joking right?"

I tried to keep in the anger I had built up but this man was just pushing it. Across from in that stupid, wooden table was the one man I knew I would always hate. Mr. Luthor or Lex Luthor as I called him when we all entered the office.

So much for a good introduction.

"Look, I hate to be a nuisance and a problem-"

"Too late," Louis muttered under his breath.

"Luthor," I pleaded. "This isn't gonna do us any good if you make this happen."

"Are you in a relationship already?" He asked sternly.

I looked down and thought about Ashton. We were starting something new but what one of the boys said about him not looking for anything long term set me off.

"No, sir. I'm single."

"So it's settled then," he smiled wickedly. "You and Harry will be faking a relationship for the four years you will be connected to these boys."

"There's gotta be-"

Niall and Harry came to my rescue immediately. "What if we get someone else?"

My brain began to bang against my skull as I tried to recollect the craziness I just witnessed.

We came into the office quietly. Harry and I were the only ones that sat as the other boys stood around us. A few guys came in and greeted me with a fake smile, introducing themselves as the members of Modest! Management. I guess Harry assumed it was funny when I muttered under my breath that they didn't seem too modest and he snickered.

One man came, bald, skinny and suited up like Lex Luthor. "Oh my god, Lex Luthor!" I shouted as he came.

"My name is Luthor, but you may not call me that." His voice was stern and his gray eyes gave off nothing but angry vibes.

"Marina Campbell. Sixteen years old. Attended Wayne High. Senior in high school and has finally begun to make it big," Luthor closed a binder with my picture from a photoshoot I did once on the front of the binder. "You know what's special about you?"