Chapter 3

I furiously tapped my pen against my notebook. I suddenly wished I was out of here...just five more minutes. This is why I don't like being absent; staying after school to make up class work.

"Mr. Devine?" I called out in the silent, empty room.

"Yes, Marina?" The middle-aged man looked up from his solitaire game on the computer.

Alice looked up from her work watching me in curiosity. "Let's say you signed a contract, but you were given the wrong one and since you signed it you can't unsign it-"

"Rina-" Alice groaned. I ignored her and focused on my teacher.

"How can you get out of that contract?"

He cleared his throat loudly. "Well, you may not be able to take it back, but you can get it voided by suing the person who did that to you."

Alice shook her head in disbelief. "Isn't your father a lawyer?" He asked politely.

"My mother actually," I replied.

And at that moment the bell rang. Mr. Devine said we were free to go as he turned back to his computer game. Alice and I picked up our stuff and walked out the door.

"You're obviously still mad about what happened in New York," she said aggravated, stuffing her books in her locker.

"I'm not allowed to be upset?" I scoffed, standing at my locker across from hers. "I refuse to be a part of One Direction!"

"But you love them, I don't see the problem."

She slammed her locker and stood in front of me. "Why be so afraid of something this amazing. You have a gift from God, share it!"

I couldn't respond. She started to walk away when I said "Because I signed up to go solo. If I do join them, everyone is going to hate me! They'll . . .boo me out of the group."

Alice stormed up to me and pushed me aside from my locker. She pointed directly at a picture in my locker.

"See that guy in the picture?" I stared at the picture of when James and I were younger and he brought me a silver necklace for my birthday. "That guy-your brother- works for the record label and tried all he could to help fix it but you never let him speak."

"You make me sound like I'm ungrateful," I closed my locker shut and walked to the student parking lot.

"Cause you kinda are. If I had a voice like yours, I wouldn't give a damn if people didn't like if I was in 1D or not," she said in a sassy tone. "They can kiss my ass while I cash my check!"

I couldn't help but laugh. Alice looked at me with her blue eyes and smiled. "So don't overthink things, Marina. They may just turn out to like you."

"Who's they?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Directioners. They're one of the most gruesome, vicious fanbases out there."

"But we're directioners AND beliebers," I shook my head in laughter.

She laughed with me. "Which is why no one is gonna boo you off the stage."

I could only nod my head. There was no arguing with her.

"Now go home and get ready for tomorrow. I have to do my hair and look extra perfect for my future husband, Louis."

"I thought my brother, James, was your future husband?" I chuckled.

She started to walk to her black BMW, laughing her head off. "I was thinking of moving to Madagascar since there you're allowed to marry more than one guy."

I laughed as I started to walk home. Suddenly, a thought came to me. "Hey Alice!"

She turned around surpised. "What?"

"If you got three years to tour with them, what would you do?"

Alice smiled sweetly at me and yelled, "I'd make those three years count! No matter what!" And with that she was in her car.

"Make those years count........no matter what."

(A/N: The boys are still not in the story yet. Guess that sucks.......BUT you will get to fangirl when they come in next chapter!! Make sure to Comment, Rate, and Share ♡)

Peace, LoVe, and Teletubbies -Allison ♥♡

Also thanks to manips-r-us for the the manip with dave franco and stella hudgens. Stella is the younger looking version of Marina. :)