Epilogue

Mila

I feel like an elephant.

It's been a few weeks since the wedding, and we decided to move our honeymoon until after peanut was born.

Hayden has been busy baby-proofing the house and setting up the nursery next to our bedroom. I love being married to him, even though one might think my life wouldn't change much just by saying "I do," but I have to admit it does. I am so proud to call him my husband, to carry his last name and grow his baby inside me. He's an incredible husband, just like I knew he'd be.

"Baby, can you come help me for a second?" I call out.

Hayden comes running down the stairs, his footsteps echoing through the house until they come to an abrupt halt a few feet away from me. "What are you even doing?" He laughs and takes a few steps toward me, but I pick up the pillow beneath my feet and throw it right at him.

"I was writing, and I wanted to be comfortable. But now I have to pee," I explain, unable to contain my own laughter, realizing what this must look like. I'm sitting here on the living room carpet, pillows and blankets around me while I try to get up but fail to do so. I'm lying on my side now, unable to move because peanut isn't a peanut anymore, it's a full-grown baby, ready to burst out of me any day now.

"Yeah, I can see that," Hayden retorts with a smirk, and I pick up another pillow to throw it at him.

"Stop laughing and come pick me up, you doofus!"

"Doofus, huh?" He chuckles, and I can't help but roll my eyes when he slowly gets on his knees, a huge grin on his face. "Sorry, love. You're just...cute."

"Yeah, right," I scoff, but he just laughs again before he glances at the paper in front of me, seeing that I haven't written a single word of the outline for the new novel I'm planning right now.

"How's that going?"

"Not that well." I sigh. "I'm so tired today. And our peanut has been giving me hell since last night."

A crease appears between his brows as he rubs my belly, making our peanut kick and move immediately, just as always. "Give Mommy a break, little one."

I smile at the way his voice grows soft as soon as he talks to our baby. I really can't wait to see him as a dad. "I think they're getting impatient..."

"Yeah, same as me," Hayden says before he plants another kiss on my cheek, and I know exactly what he means. Peanut was scheduled to see this world two days ago, but it seems like they like it in my belly. The doctors said if the contractions don't come naturally, we'll have to induce labor, and I really, really don't want to do that. I want this birth to be natural.

"Come on, let's get you up." He lifts me bridal-style, completely dismissing the fact that I must weigh a ton by now, and I can't help but be somewhat turned on by the way he carries me to the bathroom with ease.

"My strong husband." I smile and press a kiss on his neck.

"Surprised, my very pregnant and absolutely beautiful wife?" he asks with a grin.

For some reason, the sight of my man sends a blush into my cheeks, to which he responds with a snicker, until he abruptly stops in his tracks. "Baby..." His eyes are wide when he looks down at my legs and then back at me, the obvious shock written on his face. "Did you just pee on me?" He laughs loudly, his eyes still glimmering with amusement when he studies me up and down.

"What?" I gasp. "No!" I haven't...right?

But then I feel a sharp pain running through my belly, and my eyes widen when I glance at the floor, seeing the large puddle of liquid running across the tiles. "Oh, fuck..."