At last...Solace

Start bij het begin

He tried to avert his eyes from her body out of respect, but he couldn't help but notice the bloody and black spots that were layering her body. They looked rather painful. What had happened to her...

Wang Chan picked her up, and gently slid her into water. Her face lit up with surprise. It was like she had never felt warmth before, and her face loosened into an extremely relaxed expression.

He ran his cold, dead, lifeless hands through her hair, making it smooth as silk. He then washed it, revealing it's beautiful golden color. Her hair color looked very similar to Dio's. Using the rag, he wiped away the dirt from her skin. Oh, how she was relaxed. For the first time in her life she didn't have a worry in the world.

Her eyes lit up with happiness, and she put her mouth half way in the water. She made an o shape with her mouth, and blew. Little tiny bubbles popped, and she giggled. She was filled with joy at the water's response.

After she was cleaned up, Wang Chan pulled her from the tub, wrapped a towel around her, and grabbed her hand. She resisted, and did grabby hands at Dio's purple scarf that was laying on the floor. He released her hand, and let her pick it up. Wrapping it around her neck, she cuddled it.

They walked through the hall, and Wang Chan knocked on Dio's door. Dio responded with "come in" Wang Chan opened the door, and the little four year old walked in. Shutting the door for, behind, Wang Chan left. 

Her face was scared, not knowing how to react to her father's dark appearance. Dio had creepy looking creatures by his side. A bird and dog with a human heads were staring at her, licking their lips, hoping you were for them to snack on.

A faint smile spread across his face. It was good to see her in better shape. He stood up looking tall and fine, staring at his scrawny daughter. 

"Little one, come to me," he ordered. She didn't move a muscle, fear was spread across her face and she pointed to the unnatural creatures. He realized she were scared of them, and told her to cover her eyes. She covered them quickly, and looked away.

Dio's hand stretched around both of their heads, and squeezed. Their skulls were crushed to bits, and blood splattered onto his hands. He threw the corpses aside, and wiped their blood away from his hand with a cloth. Their blood wasn't worthy to drink. It was filthy and fit for only a peasant. 

Dio approached her, and picked her up, holding her on his hip. She was fascinated with his blond scraggy hair. Extending her hands to touch it, Dio flinched back, unsure of what she was trying to do. Quickly realizing, he let her run her hands through it. Smiling, she giggled. Her heart warming laughter made Brando smile. He was going to be there for her when she needed him most, no matter what.

Her face turned sickly, and she began coughing repeatedly. She removed her hands from his gorgeous hair, and looked down, throwing up. It wasn't normal puke, it was blood. All of it, was red, thick, shining blood and it stained Dio's clothes. 

His face looked disgusted at the blood stain on his clothes, but he immediately went from anger to worry as he realized she was really sick. He removed her from his hip, and placed her in a chair. He didn't hesitate to halfway unwrap her towel, and check on her body. 

Upon seeing the bloody and black spots, he realized that his daughter was near death. She was fatally ill because of poor hygiene, lack of food, and a flesh eating disease. One idea crossed his mind, but would she approve of it?

"Daughter, tell me, does it hurt much when I touch these?" He gently poked at one of the black spots, to see how bad they were hurting her. Her face winced in pain and her eyes watered. Clear tears rolled down her cheeks as she replied.