Chapter 5

So many things have happened today, I escaped from my kidnappers, I had a forty year old tell me he loved me, I was shot at by the same forty year old, I controlled time and blocked the shot the forty year old fired, and I fired the same gun the forty year old shot at me with for the first time, makeung it the fist gun I've ever shot. But so help me god I was not prepared to go up against a wolf.

      Didn't wolves travel in packs? Shit. All of that survival talk about not giving up and how I've come so far, to end up being eaten by wolves a few minutes later.

      I was still lying in my shelter, petrified. I didnt want to fight a pack of under-evolved dogs. I didn't ditch a forty year old man and figure out I have some sort of time machine in my body to go off and get my head ripped off, my brains splattered all over the ground, and my intestines eaten by some pack of wolves.

      This is a run or die situation, and all I want to do is sleep. I have to move quickly, even though the quickest I am probably able to move is 2 miles per hour. I hear a few more low growls. This woke me up faster than I thought anything humanly possible. I popped up almost fast enough to slam my head into my makeshift shelter. The growls were nearing me.

      As quietly as I could I got out of the shelter with my supplies, and crouched low. There was enough undergrowth to hide me but the wolf pack could probably heard smell and if I didn't hurry taste me to. Not good.

      A series of low growling started, the growling getting a bit higher pitched. What do I do? Just start running? No, that would be stupid. Which is exactly why I did.