Chapter 20

We walked until the pick up was out of our site, or more like we were out of River's sites and then Matt finally burst, which I could see was going to happen ever since we got out if the car, "So is there something between us now or..." He trailed off after or and then added,"Or was that just like a spontanious 'just to try it' type if thing?"

I could feel my cheeks getting red and the butterflies in my stomach. I looked at the ground, then up at him. He was looking straight at me so my gaze immediately shot down to the ground again.

"I guess I should clarify," Matt said, hesitantly,"the kiss," he blurted like he was a little kid being forced into saying a bad word.

"Um," I said unsure of my words. But I should be, how many times have I messed up conversations with him because I was to scarred to just talk to him like a normal person. I don't know how long I've been thinking about this but he comes in and saves me from saying something idiotic with his words,"You don't have to feel for me if you don't want it to seem like I'm pushing things onto you," he said this and then slipped his hand into mine, inter-locking our fingers (right after he said he didn't want to push things onto me) and smiled that sexy ass smile that I'm sure no person on earth could admit wasn't one of the most beautiful things they'd ever seen,"I just feel something when I'm with you. I feel... right. I don't know how to explain it, but you just make me feel more, together, I guess you could say. Your just like that last puzzle piece to my life. Your the girl that doesn't know where she came from. The girl that escaped two men with just her wits. The girl who continues to make my life better everyday when your incorporated into it, and I just want you to know that," he smiled again. I looked like a tomato again, I could feel it. I moved some hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear and then looked up at him and smiled back, because honestly, how could you not smile back at that?

I squeezed his hand tighter and he looked away so I looked down at my feet again, still smiling like an idiot. He spoke again making me smile wider,"Arden, I felt something when we kissed. I felt something that I liked, I liked a lot, something that in didn't want to lose," I knew he was going to continue ranting about his love for me (which wasnt bad, I liked being complimented by the most gorgeous hunk of awesome ever) if I didn't answer his initial question, so I just stopped in my place and untangled my hand from his. He noticed that I stopped and stopped to. He was about two steps ahead of me and he was turning around. I got to him just as he turned completely around and pressed my body against his, with my hands on his chest. I looked up into his dark brown eyes and smiled at the way the glimmered in the afternoon sun. If my words were too shaky and stupid to tell him that I wanted to be with him, then my lips would.

I got up a little on my tip toes and whispered,"how's this for an answer," then went up all the way on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. I came down and looked into his eyes and saw that he wanted me to kiss him and much as I did him. Then, in sync, we went for eachothers mouths. His lips sent a shock through my body when they touched mine. The shock went down my back making me shiver a little. His hand caressed the back of my neck. The shock was steady for the solid two minutes that we made out. The shock wasn't like an electric shock, but more like a shock of sudden joy, like I'd just won the lottery. Which I kind of had in a way, just instead of getting money, I got the guy of my dreams.

I pulled out and he was breathing heavily,"yes," he said

"Yes what? I asked confused.

"Yes, that's a good enough answer for me," he said smiling as he caught his breath.

I walk over back by his side and entangled my fingers with his and we started to walk again, but somehow I felt more confident now. Probably because I have a boyfriend.