Chapter 18

I was frozen. But I was also all over the place, in my mind at least. My body was stuck in its position for a few seconds. Then everything happened at once. I slammed the phone doen onto its tray and then I ran over to River and grabbed her shoulders and started to cry. I was tunnel visioning but I fought back the urge to pass out because if I did then I would definely be back where I was before I escaped. In the hands of two inhumane bastards, except this time they would have more reiniforcements on me, ensureing any other escape attemps impossible.

        "River theyre here!" I practically yelled at her through my sobs,"They were on the phone! I heard it ! I heard his voice river, I heard it!" She was definetly awake now. she grabbed me by the shoulder and shook me. An when she spoke to me there was an unusual power to it, it was so commanding, "Arden," she said very firmly,"Stop these meaningless tears. Garn and Yurgof will not get here near quick enough. Now Matt, grab your things. We must move again. They have located us using the tracker in the back of her neck once again, we will need to get what little we brought and move along. luckily we brought food,only a small amout, but it is enough to sustain us. Move quckly now." 

        Matt did not hesitate to quickly pull on his shoes and grabbed the large back pack containing the supplies that we had. River also moved faster for just waking up. She swiftly grabbed the first pair off pants that she could found and pulled them on. She was already wearing a shirt so she only found her shoes and put them on her sockless feet. She then grabbed my shoes and walked quickly to me and handed me the shoes. I took the shoes from her and sat on the edge of the bed and slipped them onto my feet. I tied the laces in a different way than Matt and River did, I tied them a lot faster. Instead on making loops and tieing them together like they did, I took one string in either hand and rolled the laces in opposite dierections around my thumb and pointer fingers, then I grab one string from the opposite hand with each hand and pull them outward. It sounds complicated, but it really is a lot faster than whatever Matt and River do. Anyway, now that I have explained how I tie my shoes in explicit detail. I stood up and walked over by Matt and River who were waiting for me. River opened the door quickly, but letting up when it was open enough that we could get through. she motioned for Matt and his huge backpack to go out the door. He barely fit though the door, but did get through. I was next and slipped through the door no problem.

        We were now outside. The motel wasnt very appealing from the outside either. I was starting to question why they chose this motel. I mean, I understand that they were prbably trying to find an  unsupecting place but this was so unsettling. All of the rooms were lined up with the entrace being on the same side of each sad little room. There was a parking lot that we were heading towards. I saw the truck. We got into the truck in the same way as before, Matt in the passenger seat, me in back, and River diving.

        I looked back at our room. I saw them. They were walking towards the ugly ass cell that we slept in. Garn in front and Yurgof in back, just maching the ass-faced selves there.

        "River. Go. Now!" I said. The car jerked into reverse. It rolled backward and then jerked once again into drive. All of our bodies flew forward and backward when River changed from reverse to drive. The car lurched forward sending us backward into our chairs. river got us out of the parking lot and I looked back to see if I could fond Garn of Yurgof. Yep. They Garn was kicking at the door of our room. but we were on the highway, and they were oblivious of us as we drove away, narrowly avoiding death once again.