Throw Away the Plan

Here's another update. Enjoy.

"He seriously did that?" I ask Caroline pissed that they locked Klaus down in the cellars like they would with a werewolf at the school. "You're going to have to pay to fix the doors." I state to Caroline.

"I'm confiscating this. Forever." She marches up to Rick and takes the crossbow from him.

"Fine. It's only for the security of the school, but that's apparently a thing of the past. Since you're just inviting Voldemort to campus."

"Hey!" I point my finger at Ric. "You're speaking about my husband. The father to my children." I argue with Ric.

"Ric we started this school to protect these kids. Hope is one of them. And she's in trouble. We can't just turn our back on her."

"I'm not turning my back on Hope I..."

"Ric..."

"No Klaus Mikaelson is a cockroach of a creature that wreaked havoc on this Earth for 1,000 years and can never be stamped out, ever. And you just want to give him more evil power?"

"I've never heard my husband being described as a cockroach before." I move toward Ric. "My daughter is dying from something I've been trying to defeat for almost a decade! My daughter is dying. And I need your daughters help to save her." I plead with Ric.

"Can't we call another witch? Use one of the teachers...Sofia you..." I grab a chair and throw it into the wall hearing it shatter.

"I gave up my magic Ric! I gave it up to protect my children because holding onto the Hollow for all those years she was using me to go after my own children. My magic was a giant source of power for her that I couldn't fight. If I could save my daughter I would but I need your girls to save her."

"And how many times have we tried to shove Klaus into the cement and drown him in the ocean? Huh? Because from my memory every time we tried that it failed. What's different this time?" Ric asks.

"He's a willing participant this time." Caroline explains.

"All right, fine let's pretend for one insane moment, that you have reason enough to believe that that's true now. You think that's gonna stick? The ocean is not big enough to hold him down, Care." Loud crashes come from behind us and we turn to see Klaus holding the bloody arrow in his hands.

"Very impressive system. Secure I'm sure. If you're a baby werewolf navigating puberty." Klaus tosses the arrow to the ground to laid by Ric's feet. "But I'm a little past that."

"Nik." I call out to him and give him a look.

"Don't worry my love I won't do anything rash. But Alaric's right. The ocean won't hold me. But when I've transferred the Hollow's magic out of Hope, I don't intend to drown it." Klaus pulls out a stake and I take a deep intake of breath.

"What is that?" Caroline asks.

"This is the last remaining White oak stake." Klaus walks down towards us. "When the power is in me, there's only one way to make sure it's gone for good. Someone needs to kill me."

__________________________________
"Sofia please talk to me." Klaus reaches out for my hand and I pull away.

"I...I just got you back."

"You knew that something had to be done. You knew that..."

"I knew we were going to get the magic out of Hope. I didn't know I was going to lose you in the process."

"Sofia..." He reaches out and I let him touch my cheek. "I never wanted to hurt you. I never wanted to cause you pain."

"Living a life without you is pain enough Nik. I...I don't know if I can handle it. I..."