Christmas Spirit

I want to thank you all for staying with me while I struggle updating this book. I have all intentions to conclude my TVD/TO/ Legacies series to the best of my abilities.

Hope's POV

Henry has the better mission at least he's not having fake Christmas being shoved down his throat. I keep trying to dial my parent's numbers but something is keeping me from getting the call out. I'm trying to do some research on what monster this could be but it's hard to concentrate with people singing Christmas carols at the top of their lungs. "I'm trying to work!" I snap at them. "So if you don't fa-la-la leave, I'm gonna give you all another piercing." I threaten and they scramble away.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Kaleb says as he approaches my table with a bowl of eggnog. "Sounds like someone could use a little help getting into the spirit."

"You want to help? Find me an ax." I tell him.

"So that's a neg on the nog?" He asks me.

"I need to figure out what monster's making everyone so freaking merry, then kill it."

"Whoa. That's naughty as hell, Hope." He exclaims. "I got to do all I can to make it on Santa's nice list. Cause I've been asking for this one thing every Christmas and, uh I never got it. But I'm hoping that this is the year." He shares with me optimistically as he drinks some of the eggnog. "Hell yeah. You sure you don't want to hit this?"

"If I started hitting stuff now, I might never stop

"If I started hitting stuff now, I might never stop." I reply. I let out a frustrated sigh as I check my phone again and there's still no response from my parents or any family member which is odd. "There has to be someone around here as miserable as I am." And then it dawns on me. There is someone who would be miserable and could have some answers. I race down to the cells to interrogate Clarke.

"You're right I am miserable. So why would I help you?" He turns his back to me.

"Believe me, I wish that there was another option, but you're the only one around here that's not eating figgy pudding."

"On the bright side, me being miserable must be why I'm immune to the Christmas spirit. What's your excuse?"

"I used to love holidays. But...I lost a lot of my family partly because it was my fault. And everything changed. Everyone running around here all thankful for what they have..."

"You realize what you're missing." Clarke finishes for me and he slowly turns back around to face me. "If anyone can relate to being alone, it's me."

"That's the thing I'm not alone. I have part of my family back. My brother and I are closer than ever but things are different. I just know it and...my family used to have the best Christmas together." I share. "We have all of these traditions, but my family has spent more time apart than we have together so those traditions are always changing."

"I've never even had a Christmas." Clarke adds and then a smirk appears on his face. "That's it. You want my help figuring out your monster? Let me eat, drink, and be merry for once in my life. Go out with a bang. Now." He clears his throat. "Should old acquaintance be forgot?" He's enjoying this far too much for my liking but I have no other choice.