Changed Future and Talent Shows

Happy Halloween everyone!!! I hope you all enjoy this chapter.

Lizzie's POV

I never wanted any of this. My wish created a horrific world where everyone I love is dead or is going to die, and it's my fault. I killed Josie. My sister. My best friend and I killed her because I was paranoid she was going to beat me in The Merge. I killed her, and nothing I can do now will bring her back. I hear the screams of everyone around me. I rock back in forth, wishing I could come up with a solution for the mess I made that doesn't involve giving Jinni the urn and unleashing Malivore. I cannot make another mistake that causes my family harm. "Think. Think." I mutter to myself.

"Not exactly your strong suit." Jinni appears behind me. "This would all go so much easier if you'd just accept my offer." She taunts me, and I try to ignore her.

"Zip it, Smurfette." I insult her back. "I know there's a way we can both get what we want. I just have to think of the perfect wish."

"As I've told you, I will not great you anything unless it involves me finding peace."

"And I said quiet!" I yell as an explosion happens around us.

"Maybe you need a little incentive." Jinni snaps her fingers and makes the war happen quicker than. It is in full swing, and I see everyone fighting and people dying around me. I see Triad attacking dad, and I can't do anything about it. "Incentivized?"

"Okay, fine." I say, facing her. "Bouncing through your wonky worlds taught me something. I am selfish. I've made mistakes. But giving you the urn would be the biggest mistake of all. It could ruin everyone's life. Destroy my father's dream of making any reality a better place. It's bad enough that I did that to him time after time. I can't do it again." I admit to Jinni.

"You sure about that?" I turn around and see my dad being attacked and overpowered, and my heart breaks.

"When I fix this, he'll be fine. And I won't give you the satisfaction of breaking me."

"You were already broken. That's why I chose you in the first place." Jinni fires back at me.

"That just means that you can't break me anymore. So read my lips. I am never wishing you that urn. You want it so bad? Why didn't you just take it when it was right in front of you?" I question her. She just gives me a look, and it dawns on me. "Because you can't." Jinni looks away from me. "That's it, isn't it? You said it yourself. You can only do what someone wishes you to do. That's your curse. And you are just as broken as I am. But I know how to fix you."

"How?"

"How?"

"By winning your dumbass game. I wish that you had never met the monster that sent you to Malivore." Jinni's jaw drops.

"Huh. If I never went to Malivore..."

"You'd have completed your 500 years of service." I state to for her.