Plans Going Wrong

Thank you all for the support.

Henry's POV

Meeting up with our father for the first time in years did not go exactly how we hoped it would. In fact, it was one of the worse possible outcomes that we could have ever thought of. He really thinks we're broken and now on top of everything everyone knows what we did to Hayley and our plan to bring our parents back together is backfiring on us. But now it's not just our family affected. Henry Benoit is paying for his sins because we encouraged him to become a hybrid and he can't control his thirst for blood. "Not the best time for a visit, but I'll take what I can get." Marcel smiles at us and it feels nice to see a familiar face.

"You busted me. Jerk." Hope jokes as we walk up to our basically older brother. Hope hugs Marcel first and I quickly join afterward loving having someone we know and love always being there. Henry Benoit is freaking out from the makeshift prison Marcel was building around him in bricks.

"Hope you need to do something." I tell my sister as it pains me to see my friend in such pain.

"We're so sorry Henry." She approaches him as he continues to hyperventilate. "We never meant for any of this to happen. You have to do what I say, remember?" He nods his head as he continues to shake with fear. "Okay, so...you're going to be calm now. When you get out, we'll be here and we'll be friends. If you get scared, you'll feel peace if you just close your eyes and sing." She instructs him and he calms down.

"We're going to be Henry squared once again." I speak up moving in front of him now. "We're going to go on that dumb museum tour of your favorite poets. We're going to do all those fun things only the two of us find cool." I state to him and he nods his head. "You're going to be okay Henry." I wish I could hug him but a wall of bricks is separating us.

Marcel walks us back to the compound but it feels different coming back knowing our dad won't be there. "That was really nice, what you did for Henry."

"Great, I'll give myself a point." Hope exclaims to Marcel who looks at her like she's insane.

"What?"

"It's this thing we used to do when we were little. We'd give ourselves a point if we did something nice, follow rules. If we uh..." I look to Hope.

"If we had a bad thought or...lose my temper then we lose a point." Hope explains to Marcel.

"Kids that's...you can't put that kind of pressure on yourselves."

"How can we not?" I ask Marcel. "Our family sacrificed everything to save us not once or twice. Numerous times and...mom was willing to kill herself if it meant we would be safe and now she's somewhere alone in the world separated from us and dad. She deserved better than that. We should have..." Hope holds my hand.

"We're supposed to be worth it. That means we're supposed to be better, right? Our dad thinks...he thinks we're broken." Hope and I look to the ground still trying to process all of this. "I don't think that um...I don't think he loves us anymore." Hope begins to cry and I squeeze her hand tighter to give her comfort.

"Hey." Marcel is trying to reason with us but it's a lot to deal with. "He may not have the words to tell you, but no matter what, your dad will love the very worst of both of you. Until the oceans are dust. You two are worth every sacrifice. And you both are good." We laugh at this. "Show me, anybody, who says otherwise, I'll eat 'em." Marcel jokes and before we know it he pulls us both in for a tight hug.

"Um...Marcel, we're good we don't..."

"No, this hug isn't for you. It's for me. I kind of needed it."