chapter eighteen

~~ y/n's pov ~~

after the war was finished, i suddenly felt very tired. we had just woken up but the stream took a lot out of me. dream finally ended his stream after lots of teasing, and my face was probably going to be red for the rest of my life.

i tossed my laptop to the side and cracked my back, as the others joined me in the living room.

"i'm starving, you guys wanna get something to eat?" george asked us and we all agreed. we headed down to the car and i plopped down in the backseat, sitting next to nick.

we drove to a old fashioned diner and settled in a booth. i didn't want to get to ahead of myself and my feelings, so i purposely sat on the other side of clay.

it might have been my imagination, but for a second he looked disappointed as i slid in across the way. before i could do a double take, he had moved on and was buried in the menu.

i decided to order french toast, and quickly slid my phone out to check an email i got during the stream.

my eyes scanned the screen, and my heart skipped a beat. it was from my film professor, regarding my finals grade and a very serious offer.

reading further, i discovered i had made almost perfect marks on the final. i silently thanked clay for letting me use his video, and continued on.

"The format of your final was one of the most unique i've seen, and truly showed your ability and comprehension of how to make videos into art. If you are interested, I would be more than happy to recommend you to a scholarship program offered for creative minds like yourself. Please let me know as soon as you can."

i couldn't hold back the gasp that left my mouth, catching the attention of the boys.

"what happened y/n?"
"are you okay?"

i quickly shook my head and dismissed it.

"oh sorry, it was nothing. i just got back final grades and some vague scholarship offer." i answered as i quickly typed out a response and sent it back to him.

georges eyes bugged as i muttered the last part and punched me in the arm.

"what? a scholarship isn't nothing, be proud of yourself! that's great news y/n."

i rolled my eyes and sighed.

"no, i said offer. i don't even know what it consists of, don't make it a big deal."

"no i agree with george y/n, that's a big deal. i was never offered any scholarships... if you won't be proud of yourself then we'll just have to do it for you." nick said leaning on his elbows as he finished his speech and stared at me exaggerated.

"okay fine-" i took a deep breath and felt the grin spread on my face. "-i'm so excited. if it's the one i'm thinking about then it's like- one of the best you could ever get for film production. you're connected with big names, and you get on hand experience in New York, you'd be set for life if you ever actually pursued a career, but like- you'd be stupid not to."

i went on for a bit more about how i'd dreamed about that opportunity, but realized i was talking too much. i finished my thought and sat back, slightly embarrassed. i muttered a 'sorry' and glanced up at clay, sitting across from me.

his eyes were locked on mine, a soft grin settled on his face. as we made eye contact he broke off, looking caught. there was an unusual amount of tension in the air, but luckily the waiter came with our food just in time.

we all tucked in, and the tension melted away. everything felt back to normal, but that email stayed in the back my brain. eventually nick spoke up again and started a conversation with george.