chapter four

- george not found deleted a message -

~~ y/n's pov ~~

i woke up the next morning feeling more exhaused than i had last night. i swung out of my bed and felt the cool floor under my feet. 

i walked to into my small kitchen and grabbed an iced coffee from my fridge. i then sat down at my desk and opened my zoom class. i muted the mic and my screen and twirled around in my chair. everything felt back to normal until i opened my phone.

i had forgotten my new situation. i had recieved 3 hours of footage from dream that i needed to get up for sunday, plus my big college final. not to mention the other classes i was taking at the moment. the reality of it all hit me a bit too fast. i opened my phone and went to talk to george to make me feel a bit better; then i noticed the message that appeared on my screen.

'he deleted a chat? i wonder what he said' i said to myself. it could be a perfect opportunity to tease him a little bit so i texted him back.

y/n: wow i wonder what u chickened out on saying... thought we were closer than that smh

george started typing and i already knew he was flustered, hes so easy to read.

george: wtf it was nothing it was just a typo dont worry about it it i swear it was nothing

y/n: compelling argument. now tell me

george: no i cant i shouldnt have said it in the first place someone would get so mad at me

y/n: oh so it was something someone else said? i see...

george: i am going to stop talking now

y/n: UR NO FUN.

i was so intrigued in my convo with george that i totally forgot i was in class. i clicked my phone off and tried to refocus but i was only thinking about one thing. george was being so sneaky and that was so unlike him, part of me was wondering if it was something dream had said. i wondered about what he could have said, but i soon realized that was stupid. this silly infatuation i felt was definitely one sided.

i shrugged it off and finished my class. 'only 3 more' i groaned. i need some background noise if im gonna get through today. i scrolled through youtube and spotify but nothing caught my eye. i then moved to twitch and saw that dream was live. this probably wouldnt help my -whatever it was- but it would at least bring me some entertainment. i turned it on and had it softly playing in the back as i logged into my next zoom.

-

the next 2 classes passed so quickly it felt like only a couple minutes. i had the stream on in the background and had some enjoyable laughs as i sat through my boring lectures. i had to mute myself when he he rage quit from falling down the ravine, i was laughing so hard.

i had a short break between my 3rd and last class of the day so i decided to start editing the video for dream. i headed to our chat to download all the footage, and decided to send him a text.

y/n: starting on the vid now :) btw your stream literally saved me tdy, i dont think i could have survived my classes without it

i sent it and waited a bit for the video to download. it was no small thing so i just swayed around in my chair.

dream: glad you liked it! i actually timed it just for you bc i knew you needed my beautiful voice to get through your loooong day. so sad being y/n

i rolled my eyes at his response but couldnt help but laugh. i wracked my brain on what to say back but nothing fit the same energy.

dream: youve been typing a while y/n. whats wrong, fell asleep on the keyboard?

crap crap crap. what am i gonna say?

y/n: as if, i was just trying to figure out how to phrase "stfu" in a professional way.

dream: hmmmmmmmm im sure thats it

how is he so quick with his comebacks? im getting flustered at every one...

y/n: ok seems like weve moved past professional, so stfu. ive got all the footage so im leaving, BYE

dream: so soon? we just started talking :(((((

y/n: HAH. we were not talking, you were harassing me

dream: that was barely anything, cmon y/n i expect better; smh

y/n: JUST LET ME EDIT IN PEACE

dream: fine. this is not over.

i hearted his message and closed my phone. i sat stupidly with a huge grin on my face until i snapped out of it. my head hit the desk with a thump and i scolded myself for what felt like the 100th time. i cant keep doing this, HES MY BOSS. and i needed to do my job.

"okay y/n, you only have an hour left to get a dent in this video before ur last class. so you need to stop acting like a giggly 5th grader and focus. its just a short video, you can do this easily." i said to myself and picked my head up. i imported the footage onto premiere and got to work.

-

i snapped out of my zone when i heard my phone going off. my alarm for film class was going off and i had to stop editing. i looked at the time and noticed i had edited the whole hour. i begrudgingly left permire and opened zoom. i was greeted with my professor once again having technical issues. 'only one more week of this crap.'

as my professor rambled on about whatever he was talking about, i started thinking about my final. it would be so easy if i could just use the dream video and submit that but it probably wouldnt be good enough. but the more i thought, i realized it might actually work. the standard for dream would be a lot higher but i didnt mind, and the finals outlines were pretty basic so i couldtechnically fit it in if i made things obvious enough. this was perfect! two brids with one stone, plus i had a chance to really impress dream.

its time to get to work.