chapter seven

~~ dreams pov ~~

holy shit.

she sat on her couch with some broken glasses, and some hairstyle that was basically all fallen out, but she still looked like the most beautiful girl i'd ever seen. something about her just radiated joy and warmth.

a big grin spread on my face. i started to say something but nothing came out.

jesus clay, get it together. its just a girl.

"nice to see you! im surprised youre not a creepy old man catfishing me." i finally said to her and she rolled her eyes with a smile.

"i could say the same for you ." she said and stuck her tounge out. i chuckled and returned the gesture.

"i know youre apprecating the view loser dont deny it" i teased at her and her face flushed. it was that easy? this was gonna be fun.

~~ y/n's pov ~~

holy shit.

this was clay, looking at me with a giant smile on his face. i noticed his soft green eyes with a small twinkle as we looked at eachother.

" nice to see you! im surprised youre not a creepy old man catfishing me." he said with a laugh. i joking rolled my eyes and said,

"i could say the same for you" sticking my tounge out. he did the same and said,

"i know youre apprecating the view loser dont deny it". i blushed slightly then remembered he could see me and reddened more. i tried to hide it but he saw. he laughed and shook his head.

"blushing looks nice on you."

a genuine compliment? my face was going to explode at this rate, i was smiling so hard. what is happening to me?

i took a deep breath and looked back up at my screen. he was sitting back in his chair, grin ever present.

"thank you dumbass. but as much as i love the never ending teasing, i kinda have some work to do" i said to him with a sad pout.

"alright alright ill let you work, i won this round though" he said and i grinned. ill let him think that.

-

i had worked for a couple hours, just listening to the rain outside and occasionally joking with dream. we clicked so easily it felt like we knew each other forever.

i finished the video for sapnap and sent it his way. as i waited for a text back i let out a sigh of relief.

"i'm finally done! thank lord i can take these stupid glasses off" i said and shook my hair out.

"dang it, you looked so pretty"

clay had muttered something under his breath, but i still heard it fine. an idea popped in my head and i grinned.

"did you say something? i heard muttering but couldn't make it out" i said innocently.

"what? oh no i didn't say anything" he said flustered.

gotcha.

"no please tell me, i'm sure it was important" i continued, trying to hide my amusement.

"seriously it was nothing, just move on y/n" he turned to the side and mouthed a few words to himself before turning back.

"alright if you say so. i'm glad you like the glasses though, you're probably the only one" i responded casually and watched as his face turned to suprise and then replaced with a mischievous grin.