chapter five

~~ y/n's pov ~~

i had been working for days. my final was due tonight and i finally finished it. sure i had used minecraft footage but it was basically a 40 min movie. there was no way my professor could ignore the talent that takes.

as i watched the video for the last time, i couldn't help but feel proud. i had worked so hard and it really showed. i exported it and sent it to dream.

y/n: here ya go, videos all done. took me about 9 hours give or take. i hope you don't mind it's a bit more professional, i may or may not have used it for my college final :) if you like it tho i can make this the standard, my schedule is cleared now

i sighed a breath of relief and ran my hands through my hair. this had been such a stressful week but i was finally done. i was done with school and i could finally find joy in my hobbies again. maybe i could pick up streaming again..

my thoughts were cut by a buzz in my hand.

dream: just watched a couple minutes and jesus did i make the right choice. thank you sm y/n i am so grateful for the work you've done. ill post it asap

wow a genuine response, was not expecting that. not nearly as fun though, i kinda liked the teasing.

i decided to get some revenge from earlier so i went back a simple,

y/n: since when are you nice? who are you and what have you done with bitch boy

dream: BITCH BOY? youre kidding me right, youre kidding

y/n: u gonna cry?

dream: HOLD ON THIS ISNT FAIR I WANNA RESTART

y/n: u need to post first and then we can 'try again'; btw you can tell people im the editor id love some free follows ;)

i chuckled at myself and swiped out of the chat. i scrolled through my timeline, liking tweets and responding to some mentions i had. i missed interacting with my fans a lot. maybe i could do a short stream, just to kill the time.

i sent out a quick announcement tweet and ran into my bathroom to get ready. i threw my hair up and put on a clean sweatshirt, grabbed a water and started setting up. i read my chat as everything started working and smiled.

coolkid713986: OMG Y/N STREAM BEEN TOO LONGG

sydneysw3: i missed you!!!!

dreamwastaken: stream pog?

cookiemonsterz: im so excited

all the names went by so fast, but i was glad everyone was excited. i didnt have to worry about how i looked because i never used a facecam so i turned on my mic and addressed chat.

"hey everyone! i missed yall so much i wanted to do a quick stream for you all! we're just gonna play some blockparty on the hive and hang out, sound good?" my minecraft character punched at the camera as i stood in the lobby.

i had about 200 watchers which was pretty normal so i figured this stream would be chill. that was until i noticed chat going absolutely crazy.

eddiemcal: DREAM IN CHAT HOLY SHIT

soeade: @ y/u/n ur gonna be famous girl

"wait whos in chat? i didnt see" i laughed as i saw everyone freaking out. i then realized no one knew we knew eachother, so i thought i could let my stream know first.

"oh yeah, by the way chat... i got a new job! im dreams new editor... pog?" i said slowly, holding out the suspence. the chat was still for a second and then it started going a million miles an hour. i couldnt make anything out but 'POG' and 'CONGRATS' and 'I SHIP'. i rolled my eyes at the last one, but was generally excited.

"ok ok calm down guys, this is supposed to be chill stream remember?" i laughed and started playing the game. everything calmed down after a bit as i embarrassingly died at blockparty and read donations.

-

it was about an hour later when i decided to end.

"ok guys im gonna end stream, thank you so much for hanging out with me! i missed yall so much ill see you soon. also go watch dreams new video its amazing! alright byee"

i raided a small streamer and then closed out twitch. today has been so amazing, it felt like a dream. i was on such a high i didnt think it could end, so i did the unthinkable.

i went to read the youtube comments.

i knew that was the number one rule of youtube, but i would be lying if i wasnt curious. i wanted people to like me..

i opened my youtube app hesitantly and went to the video. the likes were pretty high so far, so i scrolled down.

my jaw dropped at what i saw.

everything was... nice. most of the comments were prasing the amazing editing and approving of dreams choice. i was so over the moon, i felt like i could cry.

i needed to tell someone and only one person came to mind. but as i went to text them, another notification suprised me.

- Sapnap sent you a message -