22

Chapter 22: Reckless Decisions

═════ 🌙 ═════

~(Y/N)~

I swooped in beside Levi on a large tree standing before Erwin. His expression no longer filled with hatred toward me. Erwin turned to the side going to tell a cadet to reload possibly.

"Good job for getting her here you two." Erwin says. We followed him until Erwin stopped and looked down at the titan. I look to Levi then, his face contorted in grief.

"We wouldn't have been able to without the soldiers who sacrificed their lives to buy us time... this belongs to them... I don't intend on ever forgetting that." he says.

"That so?" Erwin asks.

"Yes... because their sacrifices we can expose who this really is." he says, turning to me his expression softened slightly. He made his way to the edge of the tree at a fast pace, I was worried he would slip and fall. Then he looked like he was going to jump off, I turn toward him. He's going to her isn't he? He took out new blades, he was ready to pull the trigger.

"Not yet Levi, second and third wave fire!" Erwin yelled. Erwin must be hoping to blow her hands off.

The harpoons shot again causing a huge explosive sound. I cover my ears, but it didn't help as much. After the explosion, we all looked to find her hands still intact. Then both Mike and Levi went to cut her hands off. When they hit her hands they turned into a crystal blue.

It sounded like glass breaking when both Mike and Levi's blades shattered to pieces. There were small shards from the blade that had been broken off flying behind them. Levi shot his hook back up to me. Good luck getting that shit off.

To be honest I was a little worried the harpoons wouldn't hold for long and the Female titan would go on a killing spree. Erwin ordered another reload to have her hands blown off again. My eyes that were once on Levi soon shifted back onto the female titan, the harpoon cannons blasted again sending more at her hands.

Again there was no change, her hands remained unchanged. I could hear a frustrated sigh come from Erwin. I knew we only have a limited amount of resources to use and he was trying to be careful with how much he used. I turn my head back towards where Levi once was standing, only to find him missing. I shot my eyes back towards the titan finding Levi landing right on her head.

"You idiot." I mutter.

Then suddenly the titan moved. Her mouth opened and she started screaming, it was like a banshee, I thought my ears were going to start bleeding, or worse I'd go deaf. I cover my ears, but not even that help bring down the screeching sound that was her scream. Oh no... this isn't good. It was only a few seconds before she stopped. I look to see Levi was still okay, I went to shoot my hook to him. "(Y/N) don't! Stay back!" Hanji says.

But this idiot is gonna get hurt if I don't grab him! Is he just disregarding our promise? "They're coming." Mike warns I snap my head back in concern when I heard Mike.

"From what direction?" Erwin asks.

"Every direction, fast." Mike answers. She's called them... the other titans.

I look back at Levi even more worried now knowing that we were in even more trouble. "Levi!" I call.

He looks my way but then he turns back once he heard the loud crashing footsteps heading this way. He started stomping on her head making me worry more. I was just about to pull the trigger when Erwin grabbed my shoulder.