Chapter 70

After spending time with my boys and eating I was feeling much better.

When we were ready for the meeting Axel had advised we were going 20 minutes earlier so I can check on Derek. After much arguing I agreed to take a wheelchair and let them fuss over me.

As we pushed into his room Derek was sat up in his bed with the biggest scowl.   I laughed outright at his expression.  His eyes darted to me.  "What you laughing at?" he barked. 

"It's good to see your sitting up you monster.  Stop giving everyone a hard time for gods sake or I'll drop your ungrateful ass back in that forest" I said before standing.

Derek rolled his eyes before softening his features just a bit.  "Pria you doing good" he asked.

"Sure am thanks to you" before he could reply I went over and gave him a hug.  Ignoring the sharp intake of breath and his stiff body I let my gratitude show.

As I leant back i got eye contact "Thank you.  Don't be stubborn.  I know only part of what your feeling so stop trying to force yourself to be in this world.   Give yourself time" I said quietly.   He nodded.

I sat back into my wheelchair and introduced everyone to Derek.  As we were chatting it sounded like the door exploded when a man burst in.   He had pitch black hair and the darkest of eyes but but they were laced with kindness and concern.   As they landed on Derek they filled with joy. 

He launched into Derek's arms sobbing into his chest.  I waved at the boys to leave the room and give them some space.  As we got into the corridor Brandon closed the door. 

I looked at them "Derek told me he was undercover over a year.  That must have been hard for his partner" I stated. 

They all mumbled their agreements.   "I think it's best to let you know his name isn't Derek it's Dan" Corey said. 

"Thanks" I smiled. 

We waited for a while in the corridor before another man and woman flew down the corridor and into Derek.  No Dan's room. 

We waited again as we heard some shouts of joy and then some talking.  The door opened and the woman from the corridor stood looking at us. 

"Hi I'm Shelley Dan's sister.  Come in so we can introduce everyone" she said brightly.   She was a tall red headed woman with warm brown eyes and the biggest smile.

We settled in the room and Shelley took charge.   She introduced William the first man to enter the room and Steve was the second man.   They were both in a relationship and team with Dan and had been struggling without him.   The undercover op had only initially been for three months when Dan had disappeared.

"Will and Steve have been following Pierre but he kept Dan separate to his public life and we couldn't trace his alternative connections.  When he went to his safe houses he just disappeared.   We have been unable to trace them until you" Shelley looked straight to me.

"You may not realise it but your involvement helped us find Dan and break down a lot of Pierre's network.   The last hurdle is finding the dick" she said. 

Shelley was Academy but hadn't found a team so she worked with Dan's team when they needed help but she was mainly teaching at HQ. She was vibrant but I liked her she was open and sweet.

The Admiral knocked and as he came into the room he had a few other officers and there was another Academy team who have been working in Russia.

I firstly gave my report and descriptions on anyone I met and confirmation Igor was dead which seemed to please most. They confirmed Pierre had escaped but they had a report of him in Vienna they were chasing up. No one had found Kaylie which was a concern but they thought my information on her alter ego may give them new leads. They advised that Jay had been arrested but he had Vlad trying to coerce him into working for him but he was fighting it.