Chapter 42

We walked down the corridor side by side in silence.  I was surprised how calm I was but I needed to be for Jacob and in turn Derek in the morning. 

Axel had stopped at a door and I followed him through.  The door opened to onto a balcony with a few chairs.  It was early evening and the fresh air was welcoming as I moved to the ledge. 

I felt arms circle my waist as Axel leaned his chin on my shoulder.   I watched the people and cars below scattering around going about their lives.   I wasn't sure how long we stood together but the darkness was now blanketing the town with the twinkle of shops and street lights. 

I wasn't naive enough to think I was the only person in pain at this present moment and I said a silent prayer.  I asked for patience and I also asked that if Gerry couldn't come back to us or he returned semi functioning to give me the strength to hold my family together.  I sighed.

"This isn't for you to shoulder alone my love" Axel spoke.  "I realise we have lots to talk about but we all care for you and Jacob and we will do everything to support you both.   Derek and Gerry will have to get used to us being around because as of now we are all a family unit of nine" he squeezed my waist.

The tears pushed through like the breaking of a damn.  I shuddered with the sobs as Axel turned me round holding me to his chest.  "I can't loose him" was all I managed as I lost myself to the agony I was surrounded in.  I felt lost in a storm searching for that shelter to help me survive. 

A hand rubbed up and down my back as I felt the shudders slow.   I focussed on the words of comfort and the warm cocoon encompassing me.  I hadn't found a shelter.  I'd found something more.   I'd found someone or someone's that made me feel like home. 

I looked up into his deep oval eyes as I wiped away at my wet ones.   "Thank you" I whispered.

He leant down and placed a warm kiss on my lips.  The shot of electric flickered through me on contact.   For a few seconds that pleasure took me right away from everything. 

"It's not the time or place Pria but soon you will realise what you mean to us all.  Please be patient but for now we will help you through this" he squeezed me again before reaching into his inside jacket pocket and pulling out a tissue.

"You really are prepared for anything" I smiled as I accepted the tissue. 

"Come on I wanted you to have some time away from Jacob.   You cannot ignore how your feeling love but I understand how you want to be together around Jacob" he explained.   He grabbed my hand and led me back to the waiting room. 

Once we returned everyone was back.  Marc reached out holding another coffee and I took it but placed it on the table.   I took a few steps then sat into his knee wrapping my arms around his neck. 

He curled himself around me cracking me close.   I noticed out the corner of my eye Corey setting up a laptop as Jacob settled into the makeshift bed.   I got up and went over to Jacob. 

He looked up with a semblance of a smile.  "Wake me if anything happens sis?" he sounded so adrift. 

"Of course I will but we will all be trying to get some sleep soon ok" I confirmed.  He nodded settling down as I placed a kiss to his forehead. 

As I turned Brandon and Raven were taking out what looked like an air bed.  I raised my brows and looked at Corey.  He giggled.  "We're gonna take it in turns resting with you whilst the others keep watch for any news" he smiled widely.