Chapter 11

Spending time with Brandon was always just wonderful. I had to pinch myself that I had found someone I connected with so easily. It all seemed too good to be true. We'd managed Sunday lunch which was a meal with a walk on the beach and kissing. Lots of kissing.

Tuesday we escaped to the cinema. I don't remember much of the film and I think my lips were twice the size by the time we left.

Today was Wednesday and Derek said he had found a property he wanted me to go with him to view. I readily accepted keen to have something to keep me busy. It was getting closer to my meeting with Mr Stuart and I was apprehensive.

I finished my sandwich, washed the dishes and sipped a coffee waiting for Derek to finish in his office. "Are we ready" he asked entering the kitchen.

"We? I am ready" I laughed at his teasing. We locked up and got into his Audi RS4. He headed out of town to the edge of the warehouse estate which was the same location as the climbing centre.

He pulled up to a red brick warehouse type of building. It's was two storey with a tonne of windows. As I stood I counted twenty windows along the top and twenty along the bottom. Derek led me to a twin barn like door that stood about 9ft in height.

He unlocked the door on the right and swung it open. As I stepped inside it was hollow but light streamed everywhere. Wooden beams curved the underside of the roof and it looked solid. But it was the light that captivated me. Due to the amount of windows front and back it illuminated the space. I turned to look at Derek and he smiled at whatever he saw in my expression.

"I thought you'd like it. It's quiet here but being on the edge of the estate it has access to some facilities. At the rear there is a field that leads up to a forest. The whole space felt inspirational" Derek said.

"Is it expensive?" I asked almost not wanting the disappointment if it was expensive.

"It's well within our budget, even with the land. You know how we spoke of the Academy well this is owned by an Academy member so he has requested for favours along with the price. We work on favours within the Academy in replacement of money. Our family would owe 3 favours to him and his team on top of the purchase price" Derek explained.

"I trust your word Dad If you say it's a good deal but it's perfect though. Should we look at renovation costs before buying" I asked.

"I have a team in mind to ask so let me put some costs together. I also know an architect so I'll arrange a meeting with her for us" Derek knew I would like this place.

"I think I want to buy it anyway Dad. If I can't renovate I can rebuild, I like the area and the scenery but preferably I want to renovate" I said.

He led me back to the car and I had thoughts chasing each other around my mind. I didn't remember the journey home I fought to keep my excitement from over flowing.

I hugged my Dad as I shot upstairs there was only one person I wanted to share this with. I had hardly left the top step before I was calling him.

"Brandon sorry for just phoning but I needed to speak to you. I've found the place it's beautiful it has red brick and the windows are huge letting in so much light. It just moved me so much and it would be the perfect setting for people to find themselves. The artist in me is skipping around pinching me from inside. Dad already knows a team we can work with for renovating and he just needs to speak to them" I stopped as I heard his giggling.

"Pria darling I can't wait to see it" he said. I could hear the humour lacing his words.
"If you need anything you only need to ask" he offered.