Chapter 34

I met Marc in the hallway who took a quick gaze of my outfit but as I approached he just pulled me into his arms. "How you doing sweetheart? We are all worried but I want you to know we are all as determined as you to sort this mess and make sure your Dad's are found safe" he spoke into to side of my head.

I squeezed his waist "I know" I whispered. "Come on I need to do something" I leaned back giving him a watery smile. He pecked my forehead laced his fingers with mine and led me through the apartment.

I found I couldn't focus on what was around me anymore. The need to do something felt overwhelming. We entered a room I knew was there meeting room. There was dark wood panelling to one wall with a long wooden table stretched through the room.

To the left was a wall of monitors with a desk flowing underneath with keyboards and other electronic equipment. Corey was sat at he desk turned away from the monitors talking with Raven.

As they finished talking Raven walked to the wood panelling and pushed on a part of the edging. A clock sounded before a door popped open. Raven disappeared through the door.

As I approached Corey he gave me a hug. "All will be ok honey" Corey released me and turned to Marc. Is the apartment on lockdown.

"Yeah, I've contacted Victor with a cryptic clue to work out the code so he knows to come through the secret entrance" Marc explained as his hand went to my lower back with a gentle push. "Ok stay safe see you later".

We went through the secret door and I couldn't stop the gasp. Three of the walls were filled with weapons of all sorts and sizes. As I watched Raven collect a Glock 22 then pushed underneath where the weapon was hanging and a draw shot out with the magazines. He pushed the draw back in and collected some night goggles.

He turned to me, smiled walked over and kissed my cheek. "We will kick ass little лиса stay safe I want more kisses" he winked and walked to a door to the far right.   As he went through the door Brandon and Axel appeared. 

"If you need more equipment circle back but be careful if you think your being followed do to either safe house and follow protocol and don't forget to redline us even if your not sure.  No risks" Axel told Brandon.  They did a sort of man hug as Brandon approached me. 

He held me tightly and didn't say anything for quiet a while.  "I will not accept anything but a future with you and my brothers.  I will fight to be the man you thought I was when we first met and never disappoint you again" he kissed me lightly and left before I had chance to breath never mind reply. 

I looked to Axel and he softened his gaze and nodded.  "Right sweetheart the guys are dropping me off.  I may not see you soon but I will see you" Marc hugged me and as he passed Axel he squeezed his shoulder before leaving. 

Axel moved to me.  "Whenever we are separated or have individual missions it weighs on us all.  We prefer being a team together but we needed to follow more than one lead and as quickly as possible" he explained. 

We went through the same door as the other guys and came into a small hallway that was all wood panelling.  Axel pulled the door we had passed through shut and I had a series of clicks.  

He like Raven pushed on a part of the wood and a panel slid exposing an elevator.  Axel
pressed the button as the elevator doors opened.   We entered and Axel put his key in the panelling as the elevator went down. 

We exited into a small underneath garage.  "I didn't know this was here" I exclaimed.

"No one does.  This is our teams secret entrance.   The only people who know of it's existence is us, the Blackbourne team, Phil and now you.   The entrance isn't under the building it's through old underground tunnels that take us out through an industrial estate" he said.

We arrived at an array of motorbikes.  "Take you pick" he smiled at me noticing my excitement.  I rubbed my sweaty palms on my legs and looked at the choice. 

I decided on a Ducati Scrambler it was a beast but with some accents of copper within the construction it called to me.  Axel passed me a helmet and a jacket.  I furrowed my brows at my jacket.

"Raven brought it down earlier he said smiling" we put on our jackets and helmets and I slid my leg over the bike.  I started the machine as did Axel and as he nodded I buried the nerves in my stomach and followed him out. 

The garage held about five vehicles with the other four bikes.   There was room for at least twenty vehicles maybe even more.   He led me to a tunnel that had sensor lights blinking on as we approached.   It was about three miles before I noticed a light glow appearing. 

As we exited the tunnel it was behind a building and near a forest.   As we rounded the building we were in a industrial estate that I know housed a few businesses that were academy run. 

We headed out of town and onto the highway.  I just prayed that we would find out something to help locate my Dad's.   I felt my energy buzz and I fell into the facade I needed when I started a mission.   I pushed away my worry and pulled on my courage to fire me up.   I was now prepared to find the answers I needed by any means necessary. 

We had been in the road for an hour when Axel pulled into the front of a bar.  I knew this bar, it was run by retired vet's but welcomed anyone.  MC members hung out for the entertainment but was well know neutral ground.   Any retired members of the forces that were lost or needed help would turn up and find a family of war veterans that would help.   Also MC members trying to get out of motorcycle groups have been known to ask for their help.

They have ended up being Gunners MC.  It was a naturally born MC and was run by military and no one would mess with them.  They were also the largest clubs for over 5 states.  They owned the local logging company, Pizza Hut, garage, coffee shop, hairdressers and haulage company. 

They were rich beyond most clubs but weren't swayed by any illegal enterprises and if you tried hauling drugs or weapons in their territory.  Look out.   They also assisted the Academy with lots of missions but not many members were privy to that information. 

We parked the bikes and entered the bar. It was a large place there was a long bar that ran the length of the back wall with a small break at the centre with a doorway. To the right we're booths surrounding three pool tables. To the left we're a couple of dart boards and a staircase that lead to a second balcony that held the stage for any live bands.

There were table and chairs scattered throughout the place but on the second floor there were sofas lining both adjacent walls.

Through the door between the bars was a corridor housing a few doorways and toilets. At the end of the corridor was a door that led outside to a BBQ area with a lot of picnic tables.

I've been here when a live band was on when I needed to do a drop off. It was a nice place. Most MC bars were centred around getting pissed and getting pussy. This place was ran slightly different. You had your usual biker babes but no sex was allowed on the premises and no girls were on display. Bikers brought their old lady's to this place and the crew that ran the place respected women on another level than a lot of biker clubs.

We approached the bar and ordered a couple of beers. Barlow was behind the bar and I knew him from a previous mission saving his sister.

"Miss Kib your a beautiful sight this evening" Barlow said sliding a whiskey my way.  Barlow retired from the Academy after his sister had been kidnapped.   He joined the Gunners and took over running the day to day bar.  His sister was only 16 and he was helping her finish school whilst being around to protect her too.

"Looking good Barlow you enjoying life now it's slowed down a bit" I asked sliding onto the bar stool.  Although the glass Barlow had slid to me looked liked whiskey I knew it was apple juice.   He knew I was always careful when I was Kib.  Alcohol blurred the lines and dulled the senses. 

I wasn't about to be vulnerable until I knew everyone I cared for was safe.