𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨.

LOCATION : 𝘦𝘳𝘳𝘰𝘳

"captain." yunho's fist lightly tapped against the open door, calling for the elder who stood by the windows of his cabin, the still sea calming his growing nerves. upon the sound of his title, he tilted his head back, smiling at the sight of his junior, nodding for him to enter the room. "opal's given signal for us to move in." he informed, remembering how surprised he was to hear her voice through the walkie talkie that hongjoong had left him in charge of. really speaking, he didn't expect her to proceed with the plan, knowing that she had a growing attachment to those royal scumbags, he expected her to wimp out of the plan. however, yet again, she was full of surprises and so here they were now, waiting for the captain's signal to follow her demand.

"yunho," the captain disregarded his words, turning to the taller male who joined his side. "is this right?" he questioned, his eyes remaining on the sea waters  before them. when hongjoong was met with silence, the elder continued. "we're heading into a war right now, innocent people will get harmed and we can't control that." he began, tears brimming his eyes. "families will be torn apart, people who had no contribution to this system will be hurt." he rambled, fear clear in his tone of voice, it was the first time yunho had seen his leader like this. "we'll be repeating history all over again." he sighed, shutting his eyes tight as he shook his head, feeling completely helpless.

"but we have to also remember our purpose too, hyung." yunho reminded, as hongjoong lifted his head, quietly wiping away the tears which were waiting to escape. "those same people are trapped, there's a whole world out there waiting to be lived in, but they're trapped in a small bubble and being manipulated into believing that they're safe when they're not." he continued. "even your sister is included in that crowd of people."

"yunho—"

"you promised these people a new life." he added. "you promised opal too, that after all this, you'd be a family again." hongjoong kept his mouth shut, yunho's words were valid and a great point of argument, yet hongjoong's torn emotions got in the way — he couldn't admit to one side, his heart could only look at it both ways.