𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

[ 𝘜𝘕𝘓𝘖𝘊𝘒𝘌𝘋 ; 𝘒𝘈𝘕𝘎 𝘠𝘌𝘖𝘚𝘈𝘕𝘎 ]

"i hate it here." seonghwa stared at the boy who sat on the swing, his expression furrowed into a scowl. there was a growing bruise on his cheek, scabbed over wounds scattered over his arms and legs, but seonghwa knew that it would only last a day since the boy could easily heal himself. 

"you're always welcome at the palace, you know that, right?" seonghwa reminded, leaning against the pole with his arms crossed. the two had been friends since seonghwa's family and yeosang's family had become close. although it was obvious that the two family's relationship was purely business, it didn't stop the two from relying on one another. little did they know that it wouldn't last forever.

"and get my ass beat again for going without them?" yeosang chuckled, leaning his head back as he closed his eyes, feeling the soft breeze ruffle his hair. "you know that i'm not allowed to stay by your side until i'm fully trained." seonghwa hummed, nodding his head.

"i know."

-

"you're going to kill her." 

"what...?" yeosang stared at the picture of his sister. "you're lying right? how can i have a sister?" he questioned, not believing the words that came out of his mother's mouth. the woman sighed, rolling her eyes at how sensitive her son was.

"she was truly the biggest mistake of this family," his mother sighed. "besides you, of course." yeosang flinched at her glare, visibly gulping in fear as he lowered his own gaze. "i would've just left her alone, but i need you to prove yourself." she continued, confusing yeosang with her words.