I moved over to him and he opened the bag.  He pulled out a tin of beans, meatballs and pears.   Thankfully a can opener too.  More water and the sat phone. 

He leant in. "Let's do a sweep of the area.   Once secure I'll make the call" I nodded and we separated.

I was tempted to rush but my training anchored me to be thorough in checking our surroundings. Our lives depended on it.

I was just behind Derek as we met back at the tree. We crouched down as Derek attempted contact. He spoke in code but I was focussed on the surrounds trees with my gun armed.

Once done we made a plate of the last of the meat, carrots and potatoes. "We won't do a fire. We have the helicopter coming in 4 hours. We will hear it but so will anyone in the area. Stay alert" he said.

The following hours were like pulling teeth. Derek sat with the large backpack on with some things in the smaller rucksack that I had on.

We took it in turns checking the area and stretching our legs. We were not just alert we were nervous and skittish.

We heard the helicopter arriving and I wanted to be excited but I felt terrified. Terrified of missing the helicopter, terrified of being caught and terrified of never going home.

The noise became louder and Derek grabbed my arm to standing. He leant in "Stretch out once the helicopter lands and the door opens we run. Do not stop for anything" Derek said as we crept to the edge of the tree line and watched the helicopter land.

I held my breath as the doors opened and two men in complete black jumped out guns armed and trained on the tree line.

"Go" is all I heard from Derek before running. My heart crashed against my ribs with the force I was breathing. I heard a bang and I didn't feel anything but as I looked to my left I saw Derek fall.

No no no. I hesitated. My life was no more valuable than his. I halted turned and ran to Derek. I heard another bang but realised it was from another direction. I ignore it as I grabbed Derek's backpack helping him up and we both turned back towards the helicopter.

As I got to the helicopter we were more or less chucked inside and I lay still as I heard the doors shutting and felt the helicopter rise.

I felt someone taking off my rucksack and being turned over. I let out a loud sob at the sight of Raven and launched myself towards him. My body shook with the force of the sobs and I rattled with some unknown noises at the sheer joy of seeing one of my loves.

"Derek" I whispered realising I needed to see if he's ok. I leaned back to look for him as Raven's mouth attacked mine. Everything was forgotten. I tasted his tongue and swirled his saliva until it was mixing with mine. I couldn't stop wanting his taste closer until he pulled back. "Little лиса" is all he could say.

I turned my head to see someone giving cpr to Derek. "How is he?" I whispered.

"He's lost blood but I've managed to stop it for now. He's unconscious but he's breathing. He's weak from the previous gun shot. He needs fluids ASAP. If we get him back soon we should be able to save him" he explained.

Another sob tore out of me as I looked into the Heterochromia of my other love. I tore out of Raven's arms and into Marc's. "My loves" is all I managed before seeking out his mouth. Kissing them made everything more real. It was like my little reservoir of hope was being filled by their kisses.

As he leant back I pounced on them with questions. "How is everyone? How long have I been gone? Where are they?" I started hyperventilating.

"Pria breath it's ok. In and out" Marc said as Raven stroked my back.