My thoughts are abruptly stopped as my eyes catch a glimpse of neon blue rollerskates. 

Cotello.

"Whaddup, Corbin! Grant!" She spun around on her skates, laughing as she fistbumped each of them. Her GWRC jacket was a foil color, shining against the grey backdrop of the city, her blond-brown hair in two double dutch braids that went down to her mid chest.  Her headphones rested around her neck, clearly still playing music, and she turned away from the jocks, texting someone, absentmindedly skating up to the school doors.

The jocks headed in past her, giving her fistbumps as they entered and headed for their classes. I got up as well, the bell about to ring.

Immediately, I noticed a familiar girl stalking towards Cotello.

Folgers.

"Hey. Hazel." She sneered.

"Hullo Violet." She barely acknowledged her presence, which pissed off the girl even more. She stepped into her way, sticking her leg out into Cotello's path.

"It's Victoria, you little bitch." 

"Cool, cool. You mind?" Cotello looked up from her phone, raising an eyebrow at the taller girl.

"Actually, I do. I heard you and Damian went out two days ago to your stupid wildlife center."

I turn around from the bench, glaring at the discussion that Folgers was trying to bring up. 

"Yeah, so?" Cotello shrugged, eyes sharply glinting at the girl. "What's it to you?"

"He's. Mine." Folgers hissed, face redder than before.

"Wow, possessive much? You'd make one hell of a dom." Cotello lazily replied, winking obnoxiously at the girl, before turning past her to head into the school.

Folgers suddenly body slammed Cotello into the pavement, screaming obscenities and cusses, and immediately I saw red.

Stalking over to the two of them, I grab Folgers by the collar and yank her off Hazel forcefully.

"Apologize to Cotello this instant." I calmly say, a sharp edge in my voice. 

"D-Damian-" Folgers stuttered. 

"Not to me, to her. She did nothing wrong. You however, are a disgrace to mankind and humanity alike, and injuring her just because I consensually went somewhere with her makes you even worse. I don't like you, Folgers. Don't make it worse, because I most certainly can take apart your life piece by piece and make sure you and your father's company rot." 

"...s-sorry, Hazel."

"Now scram. If I see your face again today, I will take her shoe and make you eat it."

Folgers scurried off, and I turned to Cotello, who'd popped up fresh as a daisy.

"Thanks dude, but I had it under control."  Cotello grins obnoxiously, dusting off her uniform. "Shoulda just given me some time since I was on rollerblades."

"T-t. You're bleeding." I huff.

Cotello touched her forehead tentatively. "Eh. I've had worse." She wiped the blood away with the back of her sleeve, humming, and I raise an eyebrow.

"Worse?" I can't help but ask.  She skates into the school slowly to keep pace with my walking, looking up at me. 

"I pissed a lot of people off in my 16 years of age. It's like a hobby for me." She grinned sharply.

"I'm not surprised in the least. You are quite intolerable."

"You're tolerating me right now. The jocks love me and tolerate me. Jon tolerates me all the time."