i like him, but-

This is one of those cliche love triangle ones you see on Tiktok but enjoy!

Year- 5

House- Slytherin

***

Monday

"The Yule Ball will be held on Saturday," Professor McGonagall said to us. A lot of the girls looked excited and I wasn't one of them. I hate dressing up. Pansy Parkinson squealed along with the other girls while Draco and I exchanged eye rolls.

She continued with some more information about the Yule Ball and I was following along until-

"You are allowed to bring a date to the Ball," she said in a firm voice and some more squeals filled the air. I groaned.

"Class dismissed," she said and I realized she dismissed us 10 minutes earlier than usual.

"I'm so excited," Pansy gushed and I had a straight face on. "Oh come on, Cass! Lighten up! We can finally dress up!" she said noticing my unexcited expression.

"I hate dressing up," I tell her. "Oh, come on!" she groaned. "I promise I'll make you look totally hot," she said and Draco raised an eyebrow.

"Good luck with that," I tell her and left to go catch up with some other Slytherin's who didn't look excited for the Yule Ball.

***

"Why can't we have quidditch," I complain at lunch once Draco and Blaise sit down next to me. "I know," Draco agreed, and Professor Dumbledore quieted us down.

He explained all about the Yule Ball for the people who haven't been told yet. No one looked surprised so I guessed everyone had been told. He told us to socialize with everyone- not just with people in our teams. I scoffed at that. "Like anyone would want to go out with a Slytherin," I muttered and Draco gave my hand a squeeze.

Dumbledore looked over at us for half a second and continued on with his speech. Once he ended his speech, the empty plates filled with delicious food from all around the world.

As I filled my plate with a variety of food, Pansy gossiped with some Slytherins and Draco was talking to Crabbe & Goyle. "Do you have a date for the dance yet?" Blaise asked me. "Yet? No, and I don't even think I'm going," I tell him, and Pansy gasps.

"Yes, you are! You are going if I have to drag you out by your ear," she said. Not wanting that to happen...

"Fine but I get to choose how much makeup you put on me," I glare at her and she smiles and goes back to talking happily.

"Why don't you want a date?" Draco asks me. "Because no one is going to ask me and I don't know..." my voice trailed off. Blaise was listening too.

"Oh, come on. I'm sure some lucky guy is going to ask you," Blaise said and I just rolled my eyes and took a bite of my pasta. "Lucky?" Draco asked Blaise and they laughed. I was used to them making jokes about me so I laughed along. That was their attempt of cheering me up.

"Are you two planning on asking anyone out yet?" I asked them once we were done joking around about me getting asked. "There is this one girl..." Blaise said. "Who? I bet I can set you two up," I said perking up. "I think I can handle it," he said ruffling my hair and I scowled at him.

"Don't mess with my hair," I told him and he just shrugged.

"What about you?" I asked Draco. "I don't know yet," he said casually.

Too casually.

I decided not to press any further because I was tired and wanted to go to bed.