it started with a rumor

(If I do a repeat on names, sorry!)

Year- 5

House- Ravenclaw

***

"Omg! You like Draco! Wait till the school hears this," Pansy my enemy taunted me. I was talking to Cho- my best friend- about Draco and now she thinks I like him.

I do, but only Cho knows- and it's going to stay that way.

"Fuck off," Cho tells her and she rolls her eyes. "Whatever just know everyone will know you fancy Draco by tomorrow," she said and left.

***

"What am I going to do!" I wail. Well, I didn't really wail, I really whined. "Hold on, let me think," Cho said as I paced. "Everyone's going to know by tomorrow," I whined.

"We can fix this," she said. "It's just a rumor- why am I so-" I started but stopped.

Cho stopped pacing and looked at me.

"A rumor," I whisper.

***

"Hey, Hannah!" I call my friend Hannah Abbott who's in Hufflepuff. "Yeah, Kendra?" she asked coming over to me and Cho. After I told Cho my plan last night, she quickly agreed because she hated Pansy so much and wanted to see her mad and angry just as bad as I did.

"Did you know a girl in Hufflepuff has a huge crush on Malfoy?" I ask her and her eyes widened. "Draco?" she asked. "Yes," Cho said.

"Who?" Hannah asked. "We don't know- all we know is that she's in Hufflepuff," I said with a shrug. "Damn," she said.

"Hey guys!" she called out to her friends in Hufflepuff and left with a quick goodbye.

"Perfect," I say. Hannah's one of the biggest gossips at Hogwarts.

"Hey, Fred!" I called one of the Weasely twins.

"I'm George- Kendra we hooked up three times and you still don't know my name," George said and Cho gasped. "You didn't tell me that," she said.

"We only kissed three times," I tell her and shot George a glare. "Just kidding, I'm Fred," he said and I shot him another glare.

"Anyways, did you know someone in Gryffindor has a massive crush on Draco?" I ask him and his eyes widen. "Malfoy? That son of a-" he said and Cho and I nodded.

"Oi, George!" Fred called to his twin.

"Which one did you 'kiss'?" Cho said. "George but I'm guessing he told Fred," I say and we run off to spread more rumors.

Hey, at least we're not saying any names.

The Slytherin quidditch team was at practice right now- Pansy was there cheering for... Draco?

"Huh, would you look at that," I said to Cho and nudged with my head to show her Pansy cheering for Draco.

"Hey, Luna!" I call Luna Lovegood who's in my house. Her and her friends turn to me and I tell them that someone in Gryffindor has a huge crush on Draco and they quickly run off to tell their other friends.

"Think that's enough?" I ask Cho once I did the same ritual to 2 more groups who already said they knew.

"Yup," she said and we sat down on a bench.

***

Slytherin practice finished a good fifteen minutes later and Pansy strutted over to me and Cho. "What's the whole school talking about?" she said with a nasty look. "Someone has a crush on someone," I shrugged. "You can leave now Pansy, the dirty work is done," Cho added.