bad but broken

This is a Draco one! <3 

***

"Sorry for your loss," 

"He was an amazing wizard," 

"We will pray for you," 

Those were just some of the things witches & wizards said to me when I was little and my father died. It's unknown how he died. They say only Dumbledore knows and now it's my fifth year here at Hogwarts and he hasn't told me anything. 

Ever since I found out my dad died my innocent little self left. It's like it went with him.

 I've been bad ever since. 

I'd rather be nasty than be known as a vulnerable little witch with a dead dad. 

"Ms. Parker, what does the root of a Daisy do?" Snape snapped me back to reality. Ever since my father's death which was a week before my second year at Hogwarts, I was never able to focus. I always found myself thinking about how he died or other things related to it. 

"It's used in the Shrinking Solution," I said absent-mindedly, like a robot.

Hey, I never said I wasn't smart. 

Hermione gives me a pleased look as Snape proceeds to ask Draco other questions. 

"Class dismissed. Don't forget your assignment on Dandelion Roots and what they do," Snape dismissed us and I left with Hermione, Harry, and Ron. 

"Is it true? Your dad died from You-Know-Who?" a fifth-year Ravenclaw asked me as I made my way to my next class. 

"It's none of your goddamn business. Leave her alone," Draco spat at her and her friends and left me surprised. Not just me everyone else was hella surprised too. I didn't even process anything and legs just followed after him. 

"I don't need you to defend me," I called out to him and he stopped walking and came to me. "What? No 'thank you'?" he asked. "No, because I didn't ask for your help," I retorted and crossed my arms. 

"Your welcome," he said and just left. 

The audacity. 

I decided not to waste my time on him and made my way to Charms class. 

*** 

"Why did he defend you?" Ron asked me at lunch. "How am I supposed to know? I haven't talked to him- ever," I protested. 

That was the millionth time someone asked me. 

How the hell am I supposed to know? 

"Bloody hell," Ron muttered and I just rolled my eyes. "Can we please change the subject?" I said and Hermione started talking about Potions class. 

I let my eyes wander around the Great Hall and they just happened to look at Draco. 

Who just happened to laugh at Crabbe's joke and make eye contact with me. 

I looked away and acted like I was talking to Hermione. 

"Parker!" Fred and George said getting my attention. I turned to them and raised an eyebrow. "What do you think of this?" Fred said showing me some plans for their joke shop. The twins were obsessed with running their own joke shop. I like to give them ideas because it gets my mind off of my family situation. 

I'm an only child and now it's just me and my mom. She's been handling it pretty well now which makes me feel better. 

"You should come to the quidditch game tomorrow," Fred said. They always try to get me to come to the games but I always decline. I just don't feel like going. I'd rather be alone with my thoughts. I never know when I'll bitch out and I don't want an innocent first-year getting in the middle of it. 

"Fine," I said with a sigh. I feel bad every time for declining because they practice hard and their really good. It's the least I can do. They've been there for me ever since I first stepped foot in here and we always make fun of Ron together. 

Good time, good times. 

"Yes!" They cheered together and I smiled catching Draco's eyes again. 

My face fell once we made eye contact. 

I looked away and focused my attention to the twins. 

*** 

Saturday Morning

"Wake up Hazel! We have to hurry if we'll make it to the quidditch game," Hermione said waking me up and I groaned. 

I am so not a morning person. 

I would rather sleep, thank you very much 

"Oh for the love of-" Hermione said and snatched all 50 of my blankets. I like to be comfy & the girl's room is freezing. Not that I'm complaining though. 

"Fine, fine," I said with a loud sigh and got out of my comfy bed. 

I'll meet you soon. 

***

"Hey," I said greeting everyone. Hermione made me shower with cold water to wake myself up and it didn't work. 

"Blimey, I'm surprised you woke up this early on a Saturday," Ron observed, and I shrugged. "I just feel bad that I missed all your other games," I replied. 

"It's ok Parker, we understand the situation your in," Wood said. 

"Funny how I wasn't talking to you," I muttered to Fred who snorted. 

I hate it when people bring up my family situation. I am more than a teenage girl who lost her father to an unknown incident. I am so much more than that. 

"Hey, Parker!" Draco called to me getting my attention. "Aren't you going to wish me luck?" he said. 

"Ah, yes. Good luck Slytherins- you'll need it," I said with a smirk. 

"You guys better win. I don't want to face an overconfident Draco on Monday. There's only so much I can take," I said turning around to the Gryffindor quidditch team. "Hell yeah, we'll win!" Angelina cheered and they took off to the fields. 

"We better hurry so we can get good seats," Ginny said and Hermione and I agreed. 

*** 

"No! Harry, you were so close!" Ginny said with a big frown on her face. 

"It's ok, we'll win next time," Hermione assured Ron who was cursing a lot. 

I didn't say anything because Draco was making his way to me and I didn't want to give him any satisfaction for winning. 

"You guys carry on, I'll be with you soon," I tell them and they leave without asking me any questions. 

"So, Hazel. I heard this was your first time at a quidditch match," Draco said. It was just the two of us now. "Yeah, what's it to you? Did you miss me?" I replied cooly. "Kind of. Wanna know what the winning team does when they win?" he asked in a whisper. 

We were drawing closer and closer to each other. 

"What?" I whisper meeting his eye. 

"This," he whispers and kisses me. 

Instead of pulling back and yelling at him, I kissed him back, giving some tongue. 

"So, do you just do that when you win or..." 

This was a pretty short one but I liked it so 

<3