secret tutor

I decided to do a twist and add some 2020 references so please don't be mad. You don't have to hate, you could just leave... 

*** 

"Class dismissed." Professor McGonagall dismissed us from Transfiguration. "Ms. Grande, if you will stay after class. We have to discuss something," she added before I could make my escape. "Ok, Professor," I obliged, annoyed inside my head. I wanted to head for the common room because Hermione & Ron were arguing again and I wanted to watch them fight back and forth. 

It's really interesting hearing the 2 of them shouting at each other. 

"We have to discuss your last assignment," she said briskly and headed for her desk. 

"Which one?" I mumbled. 

Probably all of them because I failed all of them. 

"Ms. Grande, ever since you got in the quidditch team your grades have been slipping and your assignments have been late and poorly finished," she said bluntly.  "Oh." I managed to say. She didn't even make small talk.

Guess it was that bad. 

"I know. I'm sorry. It's just hard for me-" I began but someone cut me off. 

"Professor I got your owl..." he said and his voice trailed off when he saw me. "What is she doing here?" he said with pure disgust in his voice. 

"I'm wondering the same thing, Draco," I spat right back at him. 

"I will not tolerate you two being this rude to each other," Professor McGonagall interrupted us before it could get any worse. 

"Anyways... Mr. Malfoy here will... tutor Ms. Grande in my class," Professor McGonagall said bluntly again. 

Why does she have to say things to the point? Couldn't she sugar coat things?

"What?!" Draco and I said at the same time. 

"Don't argue with me. We all know it's not going to change it. Here are the things Ms. Grande needs assistance with," Professor McGonagall said and left us in her classroom. 

"What the bloody hell just happened?" Draco said looking at the huge stack of papers in his hand. "You have to help me wit-" I began to explain. 

"I know what I need to do," he snapped. 

"Ok geez. I know you're mad I beat your ass in quidditch a few days ago but you need to chill," I said and looked at my nails like the bad bitch I am. 

"Professor McGonagall must be joking if she thinks I'm going to tutor you," Draco said not realizing I insulted his ass. 

"No, I'm not joking," Professor McGonagall said entering her classroom. 

"You have 2 choices- tutor Ms. Grande here or..." she gave him a look that I couldn't comprehend and he hung his head down with a miserable look on his face. 

"Fine, I'll tutor her," he mumbled and I smirked at him and when Professor McGonagall looked up I made my face straight again. 

"Glad we're on the same page," she said with a small smile on her face. 

*** 

"I feel terrible," Hermione said once I filled her in on my terrible day. "How's..." I nod my head to Ron. 

They still weren't on speaking terms. 

"Don't get me started," she said and went back to reading her book.