Chapter 2: Fraudulent System

Feng Jun reluctantly looked at Lan Ke's figure, getting farther and farther away. He wanted to catch up with her, but suddenly hesitated. Lan Ke was obviously angry, hence it’s useless to chase after her now. Perhaps, he would just make her distant herself even more.

Feeling the piercing eyes from all around, Feng Jun’s face became extremely ugly and felt that everyone was watching his jokes.

Damn it! How on earth did Lan Ke that dead woman find out? Who was it that blabbed in front of her? It took him half a year just to soften Lan Ke's attitude. Was all his efforts going to be in vain?

“Ah Jun!” Seeing Feng Jun’s dark expression, Sun Qing Qing felt increasingly frightened that her hard found golden turtle would leave her in the next moment, “Ah Jun, my arm hurts. Quick and send me to the hospital!”

In fact, she should have gone long before Feng Jun's arrival, but she chose to delay. The two girls helping her saw Feng Jun’s expression and they didn't know what to say.

Both of them are not stupid. Feng Jun’s expression now is so dark that the two selfish girls didn’t dare help Sun Qing Qing speak up. Helping Sun Qing Qing to stand up already counts as helping enough!

Feng Jun glared at Sun Qing Qing in disgust. If it hadn't been for this meddlesome woman, would Lan Ke fall out with him? However, looking at Sun Qing Qing's face that resembles a certain person's face, Feng Jun's heart suddenly felt distressed. 

His expression changed. Feng Jun quickly walked over and picked Sun Qing Qing up: “Bear with me, I’ll take you to the hospital immediately.”

Forget it. Just let that Lan Ke be cold for a bit. When he's free, he'll give his aunt a call. Will that dead woman still dare not to be obedient?

As soon as they left, the onlookers also dispersed. However, the farce just now was deeply rooted in their hearts. A lot of them were still talking about it on the road and it won’t take long before it’ll spread throughout the whole school.  

Unfortunately, all of this had nothing to do with Lan Ke.

After leaving, Lan Ke went straight back to her apartment near her school. It was one of the things her mother left her, which she had lived in since she got into university.  

Walking into the familiar apartment, Lan Ke’s mood was particularly complicated and she almost burst into tears, but when she thought of that strange system, she held it in. She didn't want others seeing her cry, not even that system!

“Come out now and let’s have a talk. Just what are you?” Lan Ke spoke while rummaging through her fridge to choose ingredients, “Why did you choose me? Does my rebirth have something to do with you?”

“I'm a universal trading system and host can trade with people from other universes through me.” The system said in a strict manner, “Every universe can only choose one universe merchant. Once you become a universe merchant, there will be countless benefits and the days of rising to success awaits!”

“Oh, not interested. You can find someone else.” Lan Ke chose her ingredients and went into the kitchen. “You still haven’t told me if my rebirth has something to do with you?”

System: “There was an accident at that time! Originally, I didn’t want to bind you. Who could've imagined that an enormous magnetic field would appear, which causes the turbulence of time and space. If I didn't bound with you, your soul would have dispersed.”

“How kind of you to say that.” If the so-called enormous magnetic field and space-time turbulence aren't lies, then something else must have happened, leaving the system with no choice but to bound with her!

“You're saying that you can't let me die peacefully? What’s good about being reborn? To go through the apocalypse again?” Just the thought of welcoming the apocalypse again soon and the world turning into hell, Lan Ke was in a bad mood.  

The system was flabbergasted: “Don’t you want to take revenge? Won’t you feel great getting revenge and abuse those scums before the apocalypse? Reserving food as preparation for the end of the world and have a good time in the apocalypse? Isn't that what you write about novels here?” Or was it a mistake?

Lan Ke wasn’t the least bit moved, “I've already avenged myself before I died. Why would I need to be reborn and do those things again? Do I seem so bored that I have to bother with a bunch of scums?”

If she was reborn to eighteen years ago, she would never say a word. She would just directly kill Tang Jing Tian and Chu Jia, those two bastards, to avoid her mother’s tragedy. What’s the use of rebirth this time? Her mother died long ago!

But if those people dare to come and provoke her, she doesn't mind playing with them again!

“Ahem, the system has been successfully bound. From now on, you have officially become an apprentice universe merchant.” The system rigidly changed the topic and popped up the system panel on its own, “Apprentice universe merchants can get 10 inventory space for free. The moment you accumulate 100 points, you can automatically upgrade being a junior universe merchant. Then you will get a big gift package. I'm asking host to please work hard!”

Only now did Lan Ke become interested. Having this inventory, doesn’t it mean she has her own space? Although the system forced her to bind without her consent and let her be reborn before the end of the world began, she still can’t just make herself commit suicide to die. At least, with this so-called system, she could be much more relaxed in the apocalypse.

“What's this point accumulation? How to get it? What are the functions of this system? Quickly tell me and you're not allowed to hide anything.” Lan Ke asked. She had to first clarify the so-called universal trading system before deciding what to do next.

The system explained for half an hour.

Lan Ke gnashed her teeth: “So your meaning is that I have to complete 100 trades in a month, otherwise the system will unbound and if I'm lucky, I’ll turn into an idiot, if not, I’ll turn into meat paste?”   

System: “Based on your intelligence, this is just a piece of cake.” Woo woo woo. It has degenerated that it has to flatter its host.

“Seems that you have some insight.” Lan Ke grudgingly acknowledged the system’s ‘compliments’. “Let’s go and have a look at the trading district you're talking about.”

According to the system, there are three places in the universal trading system.

The first was the system’s shopping center, where the local merchants can buy and sell goods in the center. The price of goods in the center is high, but the buying price is low. The advantage is that the goods can be paid to the account immediately without paying tax.

The second place was the private shops, where universe merchants can rent shops and open their own stores after they have a certain amount of savings. After opening a shop, the goods could be put on the shelves and let others choose. The pros is that the price can be set by the shop owner, making it more profitable than selling to the center directly. It's just that the trading time is uncertain and one still has to pay taxes.

The third place was the free trading district, where anyone can set up stalls for free. However, the majority of the people were apprentices and junior merchants who have too little savings. Whether they can trade depends on luck and tax is still required.

Lan Ke decided to go to the free trading district to see what was sold there and do a market research. If it doesn't work, she will just have to lose a little and sell it directly to the center.

T/N: golden turtle - wealthy husband