Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER

Start from the beginning

Nora: Jaune...

Jaune: (enraged) all with that damn smile on your face!! (Tears stream from his eyes)

The rest of the group draw their weapons. Even Ember looks mad as her eyes flare up in gold energy. Despite this, Qrow still tried to lower the situation.

Qrow: everybody, stay calm!

Vali: sorry, Qrow. But calm has moved past us.

Cinder just glares.

Jaune: I'm gonna make you pay for what you did!! Do you hear me?!

Qrow: kid!

Týra: Jaune, control yourself.

Jaune: well?! SAY SOMETHING!!

Cinder: (after a moment) who are you again?

At this, Jaune gains a look of shock, and then of anger. He transforms Crocea Mors to its two-handler form and advances forward. Cinder summons a glowing scimitar and blocks Jaune's attack.

Ruby: Jaune!

Ruby leaps into the air, but a chain wraps around her and she is pulled to the ground by Emerald.

Emerald: you're not getting near her.

Nikki: (kicks her) I've been wanting this for a while.

Jaune is then pushed back by Cinder and the two begin their duel. Yang runs forward to join the fight, but Mercury lands in front of her.

Mercury: hey there, Blondie. I'm thinking you owe me an apology for my leg, don't ya think?

Týra: (joins her) an apology, huh? How's about I give you one by ripping both of them?

She pulls out the Blades of Chaos, and Yang growls and uses Ember Celica to propel herself forward.

Raven: (to Vernal) take out the heiress. Don't bother wasting your power, she's not worth it.

Raven then draws her sword as Qrow uses Harbinger to lock blades with his sister.

Qrow: running away was one thing, but this... you've crossed the line!

Raven: sorry, brother. Sometimes family disappoints you like that.

Qrow: we're not family anymore.

Raven: were we ever?

Qrow: I thought so, but I guess I was wrong.

The two then proceed with their fight, Qrow ducks under a slash then jumps back. He dodges two more swings as Raven follows and clashes blades one time before she kicks him away. While the siblings battle Vernal draws her weapons and confronts Weiss.

Vernal: let's see what the Schnee name really means.

Vernal draws her weapons, while Weiss holds Myrtenaster en garde.

Weiss: I'm more than a name.

Vernal: hm, prove it.

Vali: (approaches) thank you for this, Vernal. I finally have an excuse to end you.

She didn't admit it, but Vernal was now on edge. If there's one thing she knew about this demon, he was going to fight to kill. She barely blocks a fast strike from Devil Sword Retribution. Weiss activates a glyph below her and projects herself forward to fight the Spring Maiden. Meanwhile, Oscar and Jupiter sneak up the stairs to Lionheart while Hazel confronts Ren and Nora, who hold up their weapons defensively.

Hazel: I don't wish to fight either of you.

Ren: nor I you.

Nora: but we will if you're with her!