Chapter 40: THE MORE THE MERRIER

Start from the beginning

Ruby holds her hand out. Raven glares at it.

Raven: you sound just like your mother.

Suddenly, Raven draws Omen and creates a portal with her Semblance. From the portal, a fireball is launched and hits Ruby square in her torso. She lands several feet back.

Yang: Ruby!

While Yang runs to her little sister, Cinder Fall steps out of the portal.

Cinder: hello boys and girls.

She is then joined by Vernal, Emerald and Mercury as they too step out from the portal.

Ruby: (glaring) Cinder...

Cinder and her group line up alongside Raven, while Ruby's group gasp.

Mercury: c'mon guys, is that any way to greet your old friends?

Yang growls at him.

Nikki: I've actually been waiting on see you three stooges again. So how's about you take a kiss from this? (Points two guns at them)

Qrow: everybody, stay calm.

Suddenly they hear the doors behind them open up.

Oscar: oh no...

Hazel Rainart is seen closing the doors behind him as he enters.

Hazel: the White Fang is prepping demolition and securing the school grounds. No one's getting in, and no one's getting out.

Outside, a White Fang soldier is seen placing a bomb on the CCT tower. The camera zooms out to show more bombs all primed set by more White Fang soldiers. Adam Taurus looks on.

Adam: once the charges are set, move back to perimeter watch. Tonight, Haven falls. (Smiles evilly)

Back inside, everyone watches Hazel slowly approach them. They turn their attention back to Cinder.

Weiss: this was all just a trap?

Ren: it appears so...

Mimir: I actually expect this.

Karasu: for once, we agree.

Qrow: Raven, tell me... how long have you been with them?

Cinder: (mocking) aww, don't take it personally, little bird. Your sister was a recent addition. The lion on the other hand... Entrance into the Vytal Festival was a real treat, Leonardo's been sending Salem all sorts of information for a very, very long time. Isn't that right, professor?

Lionheart: (shamefully) stop it...

Qrow: it was you... you sit on the Mistral Council. You had information on every Huntsman and Huntress in the Kingdom, and you gave it all to her?

Lionheart: I--

Qrow: I couldn't find any of them, because you let her kill them!

Jupiter: what was it all for? Power? Strength? Spite? Even fear? Regardless, you've dishonored what this school was made for. You're no better then the Olympians when they tried to stop their demise!

Lionheart doesn't say anything, only still having a sad expression on his face.

Cinder: aw now, don't beat yourself up about it, Lionheart, I'm sure Tyrian and Hazel would've found them on their own eventually.

Jaune: what is wrong with you...? (Seething) how can you be so broken inside... to take so many lives, and then come here and rub it in our faces like it's something to be proud of?!