How Cute

Caroline and I jogged past people, our feet in step. With all of the people walking, it was hard to brush past some of them. Running during PE was like driving in traffic. Eventually, we made it to a cleared area and started walking to catch our breath.

“Sorry that I couldn’t make it to the barbecue.” Caroline panted out.

I took a deep breath.

“I don’t know why you’re apologizing.” I stammered. “If I had the chance to pick between a barbecue and an Oakland A’s game, I’d pick the baseball game.” Caroline and I had finally caught our breath.

“Was Ansel able to come?” She smirked at me. I bit my lip, thinking about what happened between us after everyone pretty much left.

“Yeah, he was.” I smiled at her. “It was really fun.”

“You’re blushing!” Caroline shrieked. “What happened?”

“We just hung out...After everyone left, we slow danced together.” I felt my face heating up even more.

“How cute!” She squealed. We walked through the grass toward the locker room.

“I guess.” I smiled at her and we entered the locker room.

“Happy two weeks, baby.” Ansel whispered as he moved his hands from my eyes. I slowly opened them and his patio was decorated with candles. There was a small glass table for two, with two things in foil sitting in front of each chair.

“Oh my gosh, Ansel. I love it.” I got on my tiptoes and pecked his cheek.

Ansel grabbed my hand and led me over to the table. He pulled out my chair and I sat down, then he sat down across from me. I looked down and the things wrapped in foil were burritos from Chipotle.

“Thank you, Ansel.” I smiled at him and he blushed.

“No need to thank me.” Ansel winked and I felt the butterflies stirring in my stomach. I unwrapped my burrito and took a bite, cautious to not spill any on my dress.

“Tastes like heaven on Earth.” Ansel chuckled and I swung my feet under the chair.

Ansel finished chewing and swallowed, getting ready to say something.

“Thanks for getting guacamole.” I attempted to wink at him. “I know it costs extra.”

“Whatever it takes to make you happy.” Ansel kissed my hand. Then, when I looked he had guacamole at the corner of his mouth. I started giggling.

“What?” He asked, confused. I reached over and wiped it off of his face. He blushed a little.

“Its what I’m here for.” I smiled and sucked the guacamole off of my thumb.

The rest of the night consisted of eating burritos, burping while watching Netflix and the sounds of our snores.