Prologue

Enclosed with trees, chilly waft, foggy shadows, and aesthetic spots good for photography. It was a glimpse of nature in Camp Sabros, one of the most engaging locales around Digos.

You can see a small wooden house distant from the entrance arch. Sa labas nito ay mayroong wooden table and couch. Lahat ng disenyo ay gawa sa kahoy. Nakakamangha ang kakaibang kagandahan nito.

I sauntered to look for just one staff and I found one near the ice cream station. She smiled and discussed what's more in Camp Sabros. I was all ears because it intrigued me. The topic ended when I asked her to reserve the small wooden house for me.

I decided to unwind and took a break pagkatapos ng isang linggong full of photoshoots and events. Bago naman ako umalis, I did my last photoshoot for a famous brand in the country para mabawasan ang susunod kung gagawin pagkatapos ng tatlong araw na break.

I made my way to the small bathroom right after organizing my stuff. The cold water gave me comfort that it took me half an hour inside the bathroom.

With a red bathrobe on, I ambled the way to the wooden cabinet for my clothing. I chose to wear an oversized graphic shirt along with black biker shorts. My long dark brown wavy hair was tied in a low ponytail. Mas nadedepina nito ang maalon kong buhok sa huli. Pagkatapos maisuot ang white slides ay naglagay na ako ng lip gloss bago lumabas. Dala ko na rin ang cellphone ko.

I meandered my eyes around. Adjacent to the McDonald's sitting statue was the red telephone box. Someone's inside it to take some good shots.

Hindi kalayuan ay may restaurant na talagang mamamangha ka sa disenyo kahit sa labas pa lang. May nakalinyang wooden table and chair bago makita itong aesthetic na mini store sa unahan naman. Sa harapan nito ay mayroong isang ice cream station. May tatlong bata ang nag aabang doon. Ngumiti ako.

The pine trees lined up like a sanctuary, slowly swaying as the cold waft comforted everyone. It was such a good spectacle after the risky road to get in here. I fondled both my arms as I took a sit on the wooden couch.

Nakamasid lang ako sa mga tao. May mga bagong dating na nagpipicture agad sa entrance arch. Umikot ako ng kaunti para maghanap ng magandang angle na pwedeng pang post sa Instagram.

Kinuhanan ko ng picture ang dulo ng wooden house para magmukhang aesthetic. I edited the photo to look like a film and posted it on my Instagram story without a caption.

"Have you watched the interview with Jan Cabe?" a voice from somewhere near me.

Napigtas ata tainga ko sa narinig at napahinto saglit. Nag angat ako ng tingin sa tatlong babae na dadaan malapit sa direksyon ko. Papunta sila sa kabilang upuan. Parang gusto ko na lang mawalan ng tainga para wala akong marinig na pag uusapan nila.

"Uh huh. He's a fucking good catch but I got zero shit of chance," agap ng isa at nagpakawala ng mahinang tawa na medyo sarkastiko. "He's cooked."

Humalakhak ang isa pa nilang kasama. Parang nag ugat na ang paningin ko sa kanila na kahit noong lumagpas na sila sa direksyon ko ay nanatili pa rin akong nakatanaw sa kanila.

"Patingin nga!" ang huling narinig ko bago sila sabay na umupo at nilabas ang laptop. Likod na lang nila ang nakikita ko.

I averted my gaze and drew a deep shitting whiff. "Fuck this butthead!"

I tried so hard not to check my phone but I ended up opening my Twitter account only to see his name dominating the trend list. I was holding my phone tightly out of irritation and other bullshit. My hands were sweating for no damn reason and it was trembling! This is giving me complete nuts!

I clicked the most liked video. Standing there was the player I ghosted for a reason. From buzzcut, his hair grew longer this time. It was in a man's bob only that he tied half of it. He stood in the field like a heaven sent to destroy me again. Jesus. Help me.

Nakikita ko sa likod niya 'yong mga kasama niyang nakaharap din sa camera at nakikipag usap sa mga nagtatanong. Mukhang kakatapos lang ng laro nila at dinumog kaagad ng mga tao.

Jan Cabe kept the soccer ball between his arms and waist. He was broad and masculine back then but these features I am goggling through the screen right now ain't fooling me.

"Why did you choose six as your jersey number?" the reporter inquired. Nakatingala siya kay Jan at nakadungaw ito sa kanya.

He looked at the camera and the corner of his mouth quirked up. God damn it.

"My favorite girl's favorite number." His eyes radiated with menace. It was so obvious that the mention of that one word had something to do with him.

I unconsciously looked at my 666 wrist tattoo. What does it have to do with this? Nothing. This is pathetic.

"You are the Player of the Season, don't you think you deserve a gift from your favorite girl?" she added. Sa pagbalik ko ng tingin sa screen, ganoon na rin ang pagliit ng mga mata ni Jan Cabe sa camera. Nang aakit. O ganoon ang dating para sa akin. Holy mother of God.

"She's missing..." he trailed off as he stared through the lens of the camera. "If she's going to show up, it was enough gift."

He winked and chortled but his tone was jeopardizing. Eyes flickered with gust. Maybe, I live for danger.